View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

My best advice is to read the threads on the forum and consider some of those ideas. If you have a specific question, people would be happy to help out; it's harder to give just general advice. If I had to identify general things, it would be to log everything, maintain a deficit between activities and calories (500 a day is a pound lost a week, 1000 a day is two pounds), balance your pie chart in the way that works for you, eat in a way you can maintain for the rest of your life (don't think of it as a diet that you go on and then go off), exercise regularly, drink a lot of water, make small changes each day or week and have them add up over time rather than trying to change everything at once, and get support. But you probably already knew all those.

At the end of the day, though, a lot of it is trial and error and you have to figure out what works for you personally. Like I said, if you have any specific questions, let us know, but I'm kind of stumped as to what you're looking for here.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote