View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lizzycritter
FitDay Member

Baked french fries-theres alot of variations, but mine I spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, lay out julienne potatoes, and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 mins, turning once. You can do any hard veggie like carrots or sweet potato. I like garlic powder and seasoned pepper, but dill, oregano, basil would work too. Can cut circles instead of julienne for a different look/feel, play around with it. I leave the peels on to save the vitamins.

Fake fried chicken-take boneless skinless chicken breast, all visible fat trimmed. Dip in flour, then milk, then crushed seasoned corn flakes. This makes a very nice thick crispy coating, keeps the chicken really moist. I add basil, seasoned pepper, garlic and onion powder, and a little cayenne pepper. Bake on a cookie sheet sprayed w/ non stick cooking spray, I do 350for 45 mins, get it started while I prepare the potatoes.

It's easy to make chicken strips or nuggets for the kids this way too. In the summer I finish this off with fresh corn on the cob and watermelon for dessert. In winter it's usually green beans and a popsicle. The cornflake coating is also excellent on pork chops. Considering trying this on a lean piece of beef, see if I can make a fake fried steak....

Starting weight:182
Current weight: 140
Goal weight: 135

Last edited by Lizzycritter; 03-17-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Lizzycritter is offline   Reply With Quote