Exercise for body type...help! >

Exercise for body type...help!

Community
Notices

Exercise for body type...help!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Exercise for body type...help!

I was looking into exercises for body types, and when I put in my measurements on a few websites they told me my body shape is a banana....however only a few of the descriptions about that shape resonate with me, and some from hourglass...my measurements are 33.5(b), 24.5(w), 33(hips)...I'm definitly not "board shaped" and tend to put weight on in my hips, thighs and breast first...I'm just looking to lift my bum, and "whittle my middle" and give it more definition....any suggestions?
Old 11-04-2011, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

Aerobic exercise affects all body types the same. You burn calories, hopefully lose weight and gain cardiovascular fitness.

Weight training builds muscle, stregnth and muscular endurance. Some people gain muscle faster than others.

Spot reduction is a myth.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:28 PM
FitDay Member

The only things you need when you are to do some fat burning exercises are the following: proper workout attire, athletic shoes, jumping rope, and some other common exercise gears – and that’s it. Oh, and you may want to also throw in lots of determination to reach a more desirable weight.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Try Running!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kwus
I was looking into exercises for body types, and when I put in my measurements on a few websites they told me my body shape is a banana....however only a few of the descriptions about that shape resonate with me, and some from hourglass...my measurements are 33.5(b), 24.5(w), 33(hips)...I'm definitly not "board shaped" and tend to put weight on in my hips, thighs and breast first...I'm just looking to lift my bum, and "whittle my middle" and give it more definition....any suggestions?
I'd say add weights - pretty heavy weights. Squats are great for shaping the rear end, and when you do the properly you have to engage your abs. Dead lifts (again done properly) are also a full body exercise. I think it was VAbeach who discovered that pull-ups (many pull ups in her case) really wittled the middle, not to mention what they will do for shoulders, arms and pecs.