Baked goods in the breakroom, not gunna touch 'em >

Baked goods in the breakroom, not gunna touch 'em

Community
Notices

Baked goods in the breakroom, not gunna touch 'em

Old 10-31-2011, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Baked goods in the breakroom, not gunna touch 'em

A bunch of coworkers brought cookies and cupcakes and pumpkin bread into the breakroom for Halloween. I'm on the induction phase of Atkins, so grains and sugar of any kind are a big no-no for me. I'm sipping my tea and thinking about how much I'm going to enjoy coming home from the gym tonight, and I will not touch them! I've had a really bad day today too, so I'm proud of myself for not feeding that emotional response with sweets.

I think Atkins has been the greatest thing for me so far; on my last attempt at losing weight I could convince myself to eat a cupcake and skip a meal to make up the calories. Since I know that one of them is way more carbs than I'm allowed to have today, it's easier for me to leave it alone.

Last edited by Spookycheeseofdoom; 10-31-2011 at 03:55 AM. Reason: *OOPS, just realized it's in the wrong forum. Mods, please kindly move.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you. This happens at my work A LOT! Today included. It is very hard to walk by when everyone else is just happily munching on them. But you will have a sense of pride later today for resisting that temptation! You can do it!!! And I will too.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Good deal. Keep your eyes on the prize.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

stay strong and wait it out-your fellow peeps will eat all the snacks and you'll be proud that you didn't give in. I usually sit as far away from those baked goods as possible & avoid that area if possible.
Today is Halloween and its noontime. I will go & buy candy for the kids around 4pm today so that I'm not even tempted. I'll only open 1 bag to hand out and and if the 2nd bag isnt needed-Ill put it in my car and bring it back tomorrow!
Candy is my downfall so I'm being very careful this year. baked goods are my 2nd demon and I'll deal with those this wknd at my grandsons birthday party.
For now its 1 day at a time!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

I can't eat something if I don't know how to log it into fit day. Some random baked good set out in a room like that wouldn't really tempt me because I would have no idea how to log it. I'm not saying I never eat junk, but I have to at least be able to log it in if I do so I can keep track of it.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Rubystars
I can't eat something if I don't know how to log it into fit day. Some random baked good set out in a room like that wouldn't really tempt me because I would have no idea how to log it. I'm not saying I never eat junk, but I have to at least be able to log it in if I do so I can keep track of it.
Great phylosophy!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

It's a great philosophy, I wish I could turn off my desire to eat something with a simple rule like that. But I'm a problem solver, with a freaky math brain, and a ruler in my eyeball, I'd have that bad boy down to a 5-10 calorie range in less than a minute without even considering "NO" as my best option.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you . Holidays are tough. I did Atkins for a year several years ago and lost a bunch of weight but gained it back. One thing that I remember eating for that 'sweet tooth' was that I would scramble a few eggs with a bit of cream cheese and some Splenda and cinnamon in them. That seemed to hit the spot for me.

Now I'm counting calories and it's completely different but I always know that the choice is mine. The other day I ate at Taco Bell because the person I was with has Celiacs disease but she can eat corn taco shells with no problem. So anyway, the meal was like 800 calories! But the choice was mine... and then the next day I only at 888 calories (I didn't mean to do that but I did plan to have a light day).

Anyay, great job and have a great holiday season!