Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 10-31-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Talking 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Booyah! New week! Happy Monday everyone!
I know I've been up since 5AM EST so you babies had better be bright eyed and bushy tailed!!

Goals:
1. 3L of WATER (not coffee!):
2. 3 Laps with Steg:
3. 100 situps:
4. 1000 deficit:
5. C25K MWF:
6. Do WWT:

Mike, baby, darling, sweetheart, honeybunch,
Will you please review this weight routine and help me tweak it? I'm trying to teach my girls about weight training that they can do in apartment gyms, but I realized that I only know how to "Go Hard."

Weekly Weight Training:
Mon- Arms (Bi's & Tri's), Chest (dumbbell bench), Shoulders (shrugs), Upper back (back flies)
Tues- Legs (calf raises, seated legpress) Booty (squats), Lower back (superman)
Wed- Arms, Chest, Shoulders, Upper back
Thurs- Legs, Booty, Lower back
Friday- Arms, Chest, Shoulders, Upper back
Sat- Yoga (stretch those muscles out & give them a rest)
Sun-Yoga (stretch & push flexibility boundaries)

Last edited by mhibdon; 11-01-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

You are an early bird!

Goals for this week:

1/2 hour on bicycle daily.
8 glasses of water
watch fat intake, keep it below 25%
stay away from the Halloween candy.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in for the week:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day:
2.) Exercise 3 times

Maybe more as the week progresses.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm in! Here's my plan for the week...

1200-1400 cals per day
64 oz min water per day
Treadmill 35-45 min per day
Log food in Fitday daily
Post here daily

Have a great day!!

Julie
Old 10-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Mike, baby, darling, sweetheart, honeybunch,
Will you please review this weight routine and help me tweak it? I'm trying to teach my girls about weight training that they can do in apartment gyms, but I realized that I only know how to "Go Hard."

Weekly Weight Training:
Mon- Arms (Bi's & Tri's), Chest (dumbbell bench), Shoulders (shrugs), Upper back (back flies)
Tues- Legs (calf raises, seated legpress) Booty (squats), Lower back (superman)
Wed- Arms, Chest, Shoulders, Upper back
Thurs- Legs, Booty, Lower back
Friday- Arms, Chest, Shoulders, Upper back
Sat- Yoga (stretch those muscles out & give them a rest)
Sun-Yoga (stretch & push flexibility boundaries)
Yeah that could use some tweeking. What are y'all trying to accomplish and what is the activity level of the group? I'm at the office now but I'll try to tweek it today.

One thing that I would recommend is picking up a copy of Men's Health Big Book of Exercises! It is laid out nicely, has a ton of great pics for exercises to workout every muscle group. It has serveal workout routines, depending on your needs and also talks about nutrition. What I like about it is that it explains oesn't over complicate it. I think it would help men and women alike. I bet that if you go to your local book storve and thumb through a copy, you'll end up buying it.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-31-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. Wishing everyone a great week.

Headed to the Y.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Nutrition Goals...
1. 80oz water daily
2. No buying the dessert of the week
3. No stuffing junk in my mouth
4. One diet soda daily limit
5. No added salt on the plate
6. Walk on lunch
7. Work out four times from Weds-Sun

Life Goals...
1. Watch my attitude. I've had an attitude lately that isn't good.
2. Top off fish tank water at home
3. Paperwork every day at work

Weekend Goals...
1. Clean fish tank
2. Whole house cleaning
3. Something outside in the yard

This weekend was one of the laziest that I have had in months. Saturday we took a drive in the snow about an hour each direction to pick up some S10 parts he bought on CL. Then once we got them to the house we went in town shopping. We say in town because we live 20 miles or so from 'town'. We went to about 6 stores. I bought one really nice new top, two new night gowns, and a skirt & sweater outfit. All are in sizes smaller than before. It feels so awesome to walk into a store and not have to search for the largest thing on the rack and hope & pray that it fits when you try it on. I rejected a few things for being too big! I wasn't out to spend a lot of money, although I easily could have but I just wanted something new. It was fun. The shoe shopping on Friday night was a bust BTW. I have big feet, size 11's, and they only had one pair in my size and they were ugly! LOL. Sunday was spent lounging on the couch watching movies unless I was switching loads of laundry, folding laundry, doing dishes, or preparing something to eat. I think we watched 6or7 movies. It was so nice. We haven't had a weekend like that in a long time and it was so nice.

This morning I climbed on the scale half expecting it to be back up due to a weekend of not so planned or great eating. To my surprise 277.0!!! So down exactly 2lbs from last Monday! That puts me securely into the obese category. I am no longer extremely (or morbidly) obese!!!! I started with a BMI of 47.52 and today it is 39.74. I have lost 16.3% of my total body weight since 02.21.11 .... just over 8 months. I also did my measurement this morning. Mostly I have only tracked my waist. Since I started I have lost 10.75" off my waist! If that isn't amazing, I don't know what is!!! Sorry to toot my own horn, I am just about bursting with happiness today.

This plan I have to let myself 'feel' hunger instead of 'think' it seems to really be working for me. That way if I want to go look in the cupboard for something to eat I can stop and let my body decide if I'm hungry. Is the feeling in my head or my belly? Seems to be working.

I lost track of all that you guys were talking about over the weekend. But it seems like the Halloween party goers did well without overdoing it.

Joanna...funny that you noticed how JoePa is a 'god'. You should see the salary that man makes! The snow was nice. I love snow. Hope you are prepared for it. This is the earliest we have had snow in quite a while and the last time we had it this early we were in for a long hard winter.

Welcome to the newbies in the bunch too!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Yeah that could use some tweeking. What are y'all trying to accomplish and what is the activity level of the group? I'm at the office now but I'll try to tweek it today.

One thing that I would recommend is picking up a copy of Men's Health Big Book of Exercises! It is laid out nicely, has a ton of great pics for exercises to workout every muscle group. It has serveal workout routines, depending on your needs and also talks about nutrition. What I like about it is that it explains doesn't over complicate it. I think it would help men and women alike. I bet that if you go to your local book storve and thumb through a copy, you'll end up buying it.
I have a whole bunch of Muscle&Fitness Hers and used to have the equivalent of "Weight Lifting for Dumbies", but I gave it to an old gym buddy after I had to leave town for college.

Trying to accomplish:
Me:
1. Be able to stay stronger than Stegosaurus.
2. Get IFBB level of ripped.
My Girls:
1. Improve overall fitness
2. Battle the storage of excessive adipose tissue caused by high levels of stress and sitting (aka being a college student)

Activity Level:
Me: (When not sick) Weekday: Awake & going from 5AM-midnight. Walk 3.5 miles with Steg, walk/jog on my own 3 times a week, and lifting 2-3 times per week. Weekend: Sleep 8-12 hours per day, walk Steg, focus on identifying and soothing/treating potential injuries.
My Girls: Mixed bag. Some have never exercised, some used to play varsity sports.

Knowledge Base:
Me: Lived the gym/diet lifestyle since I was 5. Took a weight lifting course in high school. Kind of obsessive about M&FH.
My Girls: Mixed bag.

Please remember that I am building this program on the assumption that none of us will have access to the campus gym and will only be using our various apartment complex gyms. I don't know about their complexes, but from my experience, the gyms tend to be very sparse and cardio focused. I'm trying to show them that having minimal equipment is not an excuse to just not do it. Plus, this will, hopefully, prepare them for traveling for internships and scholastic breaks.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

April: WAY TO GOOOO!!! THAT’S WONDERFUL!!!! OHMYGAWD!!!! WHOO-HOO!!!!!

Mern: Hey, booboo! Hope that your Y date was a good one!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Halloween!! Yay! One of my favorite holidays... and I have no idea why... lol

I've been crazy busy for the past 3 days and today will be more of the same. I host a very casual Open House every year. It started off as a place where kids from all directions could grab a bite to eat and change before going Trick or Treating and has kind of grown. Now, it's more of an Open House where people know there will be a hot buffet meal, apple cider, homemade caramel corn and a "reunion" type atmosphere. Now, kids bring their kids and parents bring their grandkids. I never know who will show up. One year, I had an entire hay ride of kids come to the door, friends of my daughter's!

Made a ton of Halloween cut-out sugar cookies yesterday, my homemade spaghetti sauce is simmering on the stove and I'll start the crockpots of apple cider with cinnamon sticks and sliced oranges after lunch.

It's funny... I never made a big deal out of Halloween until I married my husband. Being from a very small town, Halloween was a BIG deal. So, I've always made it a big deal for our kids, as well. We even sold pumpkins for years when the kids were small. (That's how I made all of my Christmas money! )

Anyway, on to goals...

Pretty much the same as always:

1. Drink 80-90 oz. a day.

2. Calories under 1200 M-F. Under 1500 Sat. & Sun.

3. Eliminate my 5 bad, trigger foods with the exception of bread. I'll allow 2 slices of low-carb, 45 cal. bread per day. (No willpower.)

4. Take all vitamins and supplements.

5. Minimum of 3 fruits and veggies a day.

6. ZERO caffeine. (It's been slipping back in unexpected places.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.