Community
Notices

hello everyone!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default hello everyone!

hello friends!

i LOVE this site! I stumbled across it, and am now on a path to losing the weight after having my second baby. it's been hard, but i must admit, this site has made it a lot more fun!!!

does anyone have any tips on the best workouts? i have been working out doing water aerobics or pilates daily, in addition, i walk 3 miles a day.

any tips would be greatly appreciated!! i also eat VERY low calories...1000 or less per day.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Welcome!

Hi Leeleebabe, yeah this site is pretty awesome for keeping accountable!

If you haven't looked into it yet, check out the Womens only folder. I don't know how much you are planning to lose, but there are threads for pretty much every weight range and a community of wonderful women to share your triumphs and tribulations with. See you there!

Pam
Old 03-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Leeleebabe...

Welcome to FitDay. I am sure you will find many helpful tools and people here.

Have you researched whether 1000 calories or less is healthy for you? Generally, when women go below 1200 or so, the body starts to slow down the metabolism to compensate for that, paradoxically making it harder to lose even though you are eating fewer calories. You may want to get some others' opinions here regarding that and/or research it in other places.

This comes from what I've read and also from personal experience. There are many online calculators for how many calories you can have per day and still lose at a good rate...here is one of them:

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs