View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
VitoVino
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson728 View Post
Thanks for posting this. Truer words were never spoken. I've been maintaining for a year and a half, and it's harder than losing. It's also not as rewarding...yes, glad to see the scale stay the same, but that's nowhere near as thrilling as a drop. Sometimes I wonder if I unconsciously sabotage myself so I can go back to losing mode, and sometimes it honest to goodness feels like my body is craving more and more calories trying to get itself back "up."

I also believe that knowing your enemy is valuable, so the more I can read about this and the more things I can put into practice to win this fight, the better.

Talk about "truer words never spoken".

I can see myself being in exactly the same predicament soon. I've actually reached my goal but decided to drop it another 5 (slight belly fat left). I'm really nervous about maintenance and have started thinking about it. Basically the strategy is to maintain eating clean, keep exercising, but allow for a a gradual increase in more calories per day while keeping an eye on the scale until there's a leveling off. And of course tracking everything on FitDay.

Couldn't agree more about the subconscious sabotaging as I've been there before. But not this time is the promise to myself, and now I've got the tools and the resources to make good on this promise.

Think of food as fuel for the body instead of feeding emotions
VitoVino is offline   Reply With Quote