Notices

Need help

Old 10-22-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Need help

Hello everyone,
I need to lose alot of weight and I need some kind of support other then me trying this alone. My name is Othella and my weight as of right now is 239. I know that is not good for my health as I just left the doctors about this so I am going to trun a new page and get rid of it. I would like someone that I can lose this weight with and maybe even make a friend on this journey. I am very excited and I began my workouts this morning, If this sounds like something you could help me with please feel free to repond.

Thanks
Othella
Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Hi! I've just joined and I'm checking everything out so I can start using the site this Monday. I'll gladly coax you along as you move through your program. Keep things realistic and only look forward because that is where your success is!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Othella- Hope you are having a good day! I started my cut down diet today as I'm learning my way around this website.
After i had my children i found myself weighing 242lbs and didn't know what to do. i thought pregnacy weight would naturally come off after the children were born! not true! I was able to lose all the weight in 1year and keep it off for 40yrs.
So my advice to you today is a simple rule i used and will be using now to lose the 20lbs that has crept on after surgery
I break my day into parts just like the pie chart. So if i have a good morning- a good afternoon- but bad eating sneaks in at night, I can look at that day and see that 2 out of 3 parts were great. It motivated me to continue and realize that there will be days that aren't all 100% but it doesnt ruin the next part of that pie chart. It's like having 3 brand new starts each day As i used this tactic I found that more of my days were great. I always like to focus on just a few lbs at a time so wish me luck on the 1st 5lbs and I wish the same for you!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Othella. My site name is "Pumpkinbelly" and I also need to lose a considerable amount of weight. My issues, besides poor eating habits and lack of constructed exercise, is my age (54) and lack of a thyroid - lost due to thyroid cancer. I am cancer free and have been for some years now, but the weight keeps hanging on. Currently I am 218 lbs (sort of lost my way and gained 3 lbs since starting this site). Not the site's fault - I find it very difficult to improve my eating habits and get motivated. I too need a buddy to help me on this journey. Will you welcome me into your circle?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to all of you! If you'd like, come jump into the 7-Day Motivational Thread in this same section. It's a very active thread and I promise you'll get a lot of support there!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default omw

Thanks CJ!
Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in after starting on 10/30.
I'll post there with my weight & thoughts about my diet & using FD.
All seems good to me!