Notices

Tag request

Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tag request

Would it be possible to allow forum members to add more than 2 tags to a thread?

Two is very low in my opinion, especially considering the complexity/depth of discussions on a health forum.

Thank you for considering this request.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Hey Vito -- what do you mean by "tag"?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IBobi
Hey Vito -- what do you mean by "tag"?
Hey Paul, "tags" are what we use to add to threads as a key search word. The ability to add tags are at the bottom of every thread and can be used by any user. One just clicks the "edit tags" option at the bottom of the page and then can enter either 1 or 2 tags. I think Mods can add more than 2, but I'm not sure.

The reason why tags are important is because when one clicks the "Search" box in the blue bar located at the top of the page, they can do a "tag search". So if forum members are diligent in adding tags to threads, it makes it easy for anyone to find threads related to a particular topic.

It's really a nice feature because the tags themselves are hypertext, so when one clicks on a particular tag a page is brought up which displays all the threads that have been designated with that particular tag.

One reason why tags are important is to help members, and to try to limit the same questions being asked over and over again. For example, if one does a tag search for "fitday questions" they will be able to view all of the previous questions that people have asked, and these threads may in fact answer their question without the person having to start a whole new thread.

I've given a detailed answer for the benefit of all forum users here. I'm not sure too many people know what tags are or just how important they can be.

FYI I just added "forum" as a tag to this thread.

Last edited by VitoVino; 10-24-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Just to be clear:

A person can add (5) tags to his/her OWN thread, that they started, but can only add (2) to another persons thread. This is what I feel is very limiting. Adding (3) or (4) to threads other than your own would be very helpful, especially since not everyone bothers to add tags, so the folks that do add tags need to makeup for the deficit.

Thanks!

Last edited by VitoVino; 10-24-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: thought the issue was resolved, it is not. Still limited to (2) tags.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Done. It's 5 and 5 now. Tag your brains out!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IBobi
Done. It's 5 and 5 now. Tag your brains out!

Tag! You're IT! (da man).

Thanks!