Notices

small victory

Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default small victory

On my lunch today I had to run to the local radio station and pick up free passes to the local haunted house that I won on this morning's broadcast. Since I didn't have to be back for an hour and it was raining I thought I would stop at the Goodwill and look around. I hear you guys say all the time of the clothes that you find there. Well mine ... not so much. But anyway. I did see two skirts that I wanted to try on. The first was too long. I don't like them past my knee. And the second one was on but too small to zipper. I took a second look at the tag because it was in the 22/24 section. It was a size 18 and was a non stretchy wool type material. So even though it didn't fit, I didn't buy anything, I left the store with a smile on my face.

Has anyone else ever accidentally tried on a too small size to be surprised that it fit or almost fit?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default Not exactly...

... but I can still relate...

Since I've shed my weight, the other day I found an old T-shirt in my closet that I swore had "shrunk" because it didn't fit me anymore. It had been way too tight and I didn't even use it anymore to sleep in. But when I tried it on I was pleasantly surprised to see that it not only fit, with a little room to spare, but indeed it had not "shrunk". It's funny how I've been lying to myself for too many years thinking my clothes were shrinking instead of the reality that I was getting fat.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
On my lunch today I had to run to the local radio station and pick up free passes to the local haunted house that I won on this morning's broadcast. Since I didn't have to be back for an hour and it was raining I thought I would stop at the Goodwill and look around. I hear you guys say all the time of the clothes that you find there. Well mine ... not so much. But anyway. I did see two skirts that I wanted to try on. The first was too long. I don't like them past my knee. And the second one was on but too small to zipper. I took a second look at the tag because it was in the 22/24 section. It was a size 18 and was a non stretchy wool type material. So even though it didn't fit, I didn't buy anything, I left the store with a smile on my face.

Has anyone else ever accidentally tried on a too small size to be surprised that it fit or almost fit?
Yes!! Me! I'm a cheapsake college student who used to weigh up in the 180 range. Well, I had invested in some business skirts for my greek life functions and over the summer I had been dancing a lot and not wearing my business skirts. Well, low and behold, when I go to put on my skirts come August... they kept sliding down a little. So I took to pinning them with safety pins and went on with life, thinking that they were just getting stretched out. Then one day I went shopping in my victory store, Express, (Express is my victory store because I used to be too big to fit anything there) and tried on a size 12 skirt because that was the size that I was before I left for the summer... The skirt hit the ground. So I tried on a size 10... That skirt hit the ground. Then I finally found a size 8, and oh lawdy were my hands shaking as I pulled the zipper up and did the clasp! It fit perfectly! I was so shocked that I legitimately spent 15 minutes staring at the mirror in disbelief. Since then I have managed to find a size 6 that I had to pour myself into, but I bought that sucker & it is now my Goal Skirt from my Victory Store
Old 10-22-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

That is a nice way to start your morning
Keep up the good work and next time to go again the size 18 will be too small

I packed away clothes that I call WISH clothes in a box throw it in the closet and than forget about them well now that I have lost 47 lbs I decided to try some of those clothes on and THEY FIT as a matter of fact some were too big. I smiled all day and am still smiling as I see them get bigger and bigger instead of smaller and smaller. started at a size 20-22 and am now down to 16-18 hoping to be buying size 12's soon.

Last edited by Vickey Darrell; 10-22-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations to all of you! Keep piling up those little victories!