Old 10-17-2011, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default 20 lbs. in 3 months

=

Last edited by JennyKam; 03-19-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Delete
Old 10-17-2011, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JennyKam
As the title implies, I'm looking to lose 20 lbs. in 3 months. I can't do it alone, so I'm reaching out to all of you for help.

We all have our own reasons for wanting to lose weight. My reasons:
1) Health: After 2 years of stomach/intestinal pain, I am finally having an endoscopy/biopsy over Thanksgiving. But I want to change my diet for a lifetime of health after I get all of it figured out.
2) To feel pretty: I would love to be a size 6, and not have to worry about how my lower body pear shaped curves will fit into a pair of jeans (I am 165, 5'8", and size 10-12).
3) Stress relief: Here it is, the main reason I'm joining this site. I've spent the past 6 or 7 years binge eating. I maintain my weight, but only by exercising a lot and restricting my diet on and off. Which, drives me crazy. But it's hard to stop because of the shame of telling family/friends for support, and because with all the hours I work and going to grad school at the same time, it's one of the few stress relieving moments I have--and over the years it's become a habit. I need to break it.

So I ask you to join me, if you are looking to meet the same weight loss goal or if you too, like me, are looking for support. I am hoping to use this thread to keep myself accountable. To post daily calorie intakes, workouts, and other revelations that I discover along my journey.

Tomorrow is Day 1. And in 3 months, on my 24th birthday, I want to be happy, healthy, and eating sensibly, intuitively, and freely. No longer a captive of my stressful binge eating.

Thanks for joining me.
Why do you say you can't do it on your own? If you can't do it on your own how will you maintain for a lifetime? You have to find a source of inner strength and motivation in addition to having supportive buddies or you will revert back.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in a similar boat. Looking to loose 35 pounds before May 20th. I'm 5'9" and can barely muffin top myself into my size 12 jeans....eeek!

I would love to loose a ton before December 17th, but I'm not rushing myself. I'm flying down to Florida to visit family and hit up Disney!!! Very excited!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to FitDay! You might want to come over to the 7 day motivational thread in the women's section. We all post weekly goals and update them daily. It's nice for accountability.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

20lbs in 3 months...I'm in. I was doing really good lost 33 lbs in the spring but in July it all went down hill after several months of going back and forth to hospitals with my mom and now recently my husband gained 12lbs back I was so proud of myself but let stress take over. I love to do Zumba and turbo Jam have been watching what goes in my mouth again. Just trying to play catch up on my rest and going to hit it hard again. I will update my stats tomorrow after I dreadfully step on that scale in the AM. I am 5'5" approx 178lbs and would absolutely love to get to that 158 mark. Lets keep us accountable!!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Ugh...had everything in here then got interrupted, came back and it would not post...anyways did 1.5 hours Zumba and have been really watching what I eat and drinking my water. Also getting back on track on taking my vitamins and I gotta say they must help. I feel better today then I have in awhile.P90x heard that is a kick butt workout...maybe I will try it after I need a break from Zumba and Turbo Jam BTW it is kind of like kickboxing,dance stregth a good work out with both of the above I modify some to keep my knees from getting sore...not as young as the ones doing it on DVD.
Luckygirl...I can relate to the muffin top and size 12 jeans. Must say gotta love the stretch denim.
JennyKam~Kudos on giving up coffee don't think I can do it completely but am cutting back
Old 10-20-2011, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

I gave into the snack size snickers too, must say I enjoyed them. Still within my limits also and did 50 min Turbo Jam. 1.5 less on the scale this am, so that was nice. Still trying to play catch up on rest from the last few months..but not letting myself get too lazy to exercise and eat right. (hoping the hubby finishes the snickers while I'm at work) Your days seem crazy that's for sure, i work 2nd shift so the real craziness starts at about 3pm for me. Goal for tomorrow Zumba day and approx. 1700 cal.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Talking whoo hoo!

yay! I'm so happy about this thread. lol I totally need to lose a lot more weight but 20 lbs in 3 months is totally reasonable. I don't wanna say "I fell off the wagon" because I didn't gain any weight, but during my summer I didn't get to work out and somehow stayed the same weight (thank you, baby Jesus!). So now This is week 2 of working out again. I used to weigh an ugly 226 lbs in January and now weigh 193 lbs. whoo hoo! I used to be 139 back in high school and I know I can get back to that weight. I HAVE to! lol I workout daily with a friend who has also lost the same amount of weight as me so the motivation and commitment is there. I'm so excited to see more results! I've been taking pics of myself every now and then and I am so shocked at the results, I suggest you do the same, you'll look back at them and be like and it'll motivate you some more.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

So sorry about being lazy on the posting over the weekend...very busy lots of yard work happening...consistant with the Zumba and Turbo Jam also...didn't look at scale since last week though. Maybe I will feel skinny tomorrow. Didn't track food either this wknd but stayed cautious...you seem to be doing well. I have a Girls wknd planned this coming wknd in Milwaukee guessing I will be bad...lots of walking though. Hitting it hard this wk so I won't feel so quilty this wknd. The one good thing about 2nd shift is I actually get a lot more done in the AM at home then I am forced to stay up...helps with the eating also. When I worked days found it easier to mis behave...Beer...late night suppers...skipped Workouts(too tired) etc. Now I excersise first thing...get house/yard work done and head into work. Keeps me honest
Old 10-24-2011, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

Wow JennyKam, you are doing awesome on your weight loss...is that 6 pounds in a week?? What am I doing wrong...calories approx. 1700...1.5-2 hours workout not including the norm for the day and tons of water. Maybe it was those darn snickers... but still thought I wasn't too bad on the calories oh well better luck this week Keep up the good work...oh BTW my hubby made me oatmeal this wknd and put a teaspoon of peanut butter in it and OMG was that good...could eat that for a treat. Gotta go work is calling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.