Notices

Anyone else doing Shaun T's Insanity?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Anyone else doing Shaun T's Insanity?

Just started it today. Have 60 pounds to lose! Having a hard time eating the 5 meals. Anyone have any suggestions or tips?
Old 04-17-2010, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Ah the CD set just arrived and I am in the process of reading the nutrition guide. I am excited about the physical part but very weary about the eating habbits I have and I just hope I can change them this drastically.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Wink

Mind sharing that info :s i work out at home with 9pox plus track at school and i need a hearty diet but one that wont take me overboard either, just one that will give me only what i need, know what i mean? i bet insanity got just that (;
Old 05-23-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Bought It.

Originally Posted by snapfue
Just started it today. Have 60 pounds to lose! Having a hard time eating the 5 meals. Anyone have any suggestions or tips?
I bought it a couple years ago and it was too strenuous for me to do as I cannot bend at the knees due to prosthetics and I ended up giving the whole thing to my daughter.

That's not the first of my blunders. I bought The Red, you know that seat thing that you sit on and swing back and forth for the abdomen. It was a complete waste of time, even at the highest setting. I have various other "novelty" equipment that I have given away (some) and kept. I had that thing that you use while on your knees, grasp and roll out. I have the ab sit up thing, now I found that does work. I didn't realize how much I still have until I gave away my heavy weights and he went into the room where I was storing stuff until an addition is added. I had bought the shortened version of the 90 day workout by that 52 year old guy where you don't need anything but the door chin-up bar. I sent that to my son in AZ. Somehow I still have a small medicine ball.

I know all I need is my treadmill, Leslie Sasone walking dvd's, ab rocket (I think it is called.) and small weights. I haven't purchased anything in a couple of years.

By the way, my daughter is thin and I bet she hasn't used the dvd's either.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

I started insanity 2 weeks ago and ive never worked out so hard in my entire life. It was like going from 0 to 10 in a single day. I do it everyday with multiple people that I stay with and im very dedicated but because they keep taking days off because of their aches and pains I do too. the more days I take off the less good I feel. so my advice is to never take a day off unless you have a severe injury. If your muscles hurt I'd keep going,the only way my muscles felt at ease was when I worked and stretched them.
I dont follow the meal plan..I dont have 5 meals. I have 3 meals with a snack between breakfast and lunch. and between lunch and dinner. all mostly 2-3 hours apart. Im too scared to have 5 meals and gaining weight. just do what works for you body
Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by shodashwop
I started insanity 2 weeks ago and ive never worked out so hard in my entire life. It was like going from 0 to 10 in a single day. I do it everyday with multiple people that I stay with and im very dedicated but because they keep taking days off because of their aches and pains I do too. the more days I take off the less good I feel. so my advice is to never take a day off unless you have a severe injury. If your muscles hurt I'd keep going,the only way my muscles felt at ease was when I worked and stretched them.
I dont follow the meal plan..I dont have 5 meals. I have 3 meals with a snack between breakfast and lunch. and between lunch and dinner. all mostly 2-3 hours apart. Im too scared to have 5 meals and gaining weight. just do what works for you body
Its very important you eat the amount of food they tell you too. If you want to lose weight then you only want to cut your total calories by 300. Your body needs the additional food to keep up with the demands that Insanity is putting on it. If you aren't eating enough your body will start storing fat to make sure it has "nutrients" available. If you give it enough it will start burning the fat, because your body knows it will be getting more.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

I've a question for you Insanity users who weren't hardcore cardio people before starting:

How was your initial performance with the early workouts? Do you try to keep your heart rate in normal aerobic range?

I borrowed the set from a friend, and honestly can't get through the warmup without several breaks, much less the whole workout. I figure I'm probably getting about 30-35% of the workout (guesstimate based on #reps, intensity, and endurance), and feel like a real wimp. I'm 37, male, about 20lbs overweight (wouldn't guess it looking at me, at least with a shirt on) at 5'10" and 181lbs. I'm very strong for my size, and still in moderately decent shape (my exercise used to be lifting weights 5days/wk, multiple surgeries have all but put an end to that.) I've always hated doing cardio--trying to change my ways here.

Very interested in hearing what your initial reactions were, and how long it took you to get up to speed with the program, and if you've got any tips about how you adapted, if you had to modify the program to work your way up, etc.

Last edited by m330; 07-20-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

I know I should eat more. I used to want to eat constantly and now I need to push myself to eat more. I also am either to busy to eat or prepare food for myself or I forget as the hours go by. but im trying to make a schedule for myself now.

m330 I'm still struggling with keeping up with the cardio, I'm improved insanely, but thats just for me, I started as a vegetable who was never active. I felt like I must not have been getting a real workout because Id stop so much. But the reality was that my body wasn't anywhere near as fit as the super people in the videos and I really was working my body to absolute exhaustion. Were all differant. As long as you actually push yourself a tiny bit more each day youll get to where you want to be in the workout

Last edited by shodashwop; 07-22-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by shodashwop
m330 I'm still struggling with keeping up with the cardio, I'm improved insanely, but thats just for me, I started as a vegetable who was never active. I felt like I must not have been getting a real workout because Id stop so much. But the reality was that my body wasn't anywhere near as fit as the super people in the videos and I really was working my body to absolute exhaustion. Were all differant. As long as you actually push yourself a tiny bit more each day youll get to where you want to be in the workout
That's good to hear. I tend to worry about my heart rate getting up and staying so high--actually, not so much worry, as just having to stop to get my wind back (I'm asthmatic, so cardio work can be tough for me.) Currently, I've got to let my shin splints calm down before I make a serious run at Insanity--I'd consider it quite an accomplishment to be fit enough just to complete one of those workouts. Congrats on your results with the program.