View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
VitoVino
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevvy1 View Post
I have not lost anything in last 2 weeks,

173cm
80KG
40yrs

OK, well it sounds like a plateau. I hit one that lasted about 2 weeks. That's when I learned about the following tricks. It could be you need to increase your caloric intake by 100 cals a day. What are you getting now?

Also, I found mixing up the macros really helped (for proportions of carb-fat-protein).

But really I think what busted it is this zig-zagging:

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

This really works, I promise. Make sure to click "7 day calorie cycle" on the page and then stick to it.

What type of exercising are you doing? Perhaps you need to change it up, or extend the time/effort. How long have you been doing the same type exercise?

Also, you could try drinking green tea to help boost your metabolism. Don't discount this, this is a proven method of helping to lose weight, especially belly fat. I drink 2 quarts a day.

Fish oil is another good method for helping to lose weight. It supposedly reduces the amount of insulin released by as much as 50%, and when insulin is reduced so is the amount of calories eaten that will be stored as fat. Lots of studies to back this up as well. Are you taking any fish oil supplements?

Good luck. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Think of food as fuel for the body instead of feeding emotions

Last edited by VitoVino; 10-11-2011 at 12:29 AM.
VitoVino is offline   Reply With Quote