View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
dar n
FitDay Member

Hi
Just wanted to add a few easy organic switches if anyone cared.
I know it can be expensive and I totally understand that we can't change everything at once!

Swap sugar to organic cane sugar for tea and coffee keep using white for baking ect.

Shop farmers markets whenever possible.

Price check you may be surprised organics do not last as long on the shelf so sales happen often at grocery stores.

Look for no name brand organics I know Canadian Superstore and I believe Sobeys in the USA both carry them.

Buy apples, celery, berries, peaches, nectarines, spinach, grapes, peppers, lettuce, kale, coffee and meat(if possible) these foods have been found to have the most pesticides you can not wash off.

Do not waste your money buying Onions, Pineapple, Avocado Asparagus, Sweet peas, Mango, Eggplant, Cantaloupe (domestic) Kiwi, Cabbage, Watermelon, Sweet Potatoes, Grapefruit or Mushrooms they can all be washed well and you are good to go.

VitoVino and Kohsamui thanks for doing some reading it's amazing what we do not know about our food so education is the key then you can make up your own minds. My hubby was not going to change his eating based on some documentaries then he found non gmo organic potato chips taste better than regular ones; we are all motivated by different things.

Take care.

"If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves."
Thomas Edison

Jan 2008=195 lbs
Nov 2009=135 lbs
July 2011=169 lbs
Jan 27 2012=143
Jan 25 2013=168
Mar 15 2013=158
Goal=140, June 17,2013
dar n is offline   Reply With Quote