View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

I have an interesting perspective on soy, especially on weather or not it's detrimental to a man's ability to sire children. My brother drank only soy milk for most of his childhood, until about age 14 or soy he was very allergic to cow's milk. He tolerates it now but only in limited doses. He and his wife have one child, who was conceived on their wedding night, and they cannot have any more because my SIL has a very serious heart condition.

Anyway our oldest DD is also allergic to milk so we drink soy milk almost exclusively in our house and have for the past 8 years. I'd never heard the estrogen issue on soy until one day a few years ago my SIL (DH's sister) was discussing it with us and was completely freaking out because someone had suggested she give it to her lactose intolerant son. DH and I looked at each other and burst out laughing, because believe me we have to work at "prevention" in our house. So I suppose if a man already had an extremely low sperm count he would want to limit soy just in case, otherwise I think it's a non-issue. Somehow I think if soy were a fertility issue, Asia would be less populated.
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote