Notices

Cycling is not an option for activities?

Old 10-04-2011, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default Cycling is not an option for activities?

Hey guys!

So I've joined up,
Logged my stats and goals,
Logged my day's food,
Go to log activities for the day...

"No activities found matching "cycling"."
"No activities found matching "bicycling"."
"No activities found matching "riding a bike"."
"No activities found matching "bicycle"."
"No activities found matching "bike"."

10 results for "riding" including: 'Riding a bus,' 'Riding in a police car,' 'Riding a snow blower.' and my personal favourite, 'Grooming a horse.'

Have I stumbled upon some in-joke wherein cycling isn't considered exercise here, or am I just doing something wrong?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay!

Did you see the calories burned for "walking to the outhouse" or "sitting on a toilet"? too?

Try typing in Biking under the search area. You will get 14 choices. If you go under Activity there are a few more listed under Biking.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

There are also several listings if you search "stationary biking".
Old 10-05-2011, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Welcome to FitDay!

Did you see the calories burned for "walking to the outhouse" or "sitting on a toilet"? too?

Yes, FitDay is thorough but not perfect. If it were, it would have "running to the outhouse". After all, sometimes people run to the bathroom in an emergency.

And they don't consider people eating low fiber diets either. If they did there would be an option for "sitting on toilet, straining".
Old 10-05-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Took me a while to find that one too. Where I live, "biking" is done by guys in leather jackets on Harleys.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Yes, FitDay is thorough but not perfect. If it were, it would have "running to the outhouse". After all, sometimes people run to the bathroom in an emergency.

And they don't consider people eating low fiber diets either. If they did there would be an option for "sitting on toilet, straining".
My suggestion would be for you to just count it 2X!

Originally Posted by Skipper50
Took me a while to find that one too. Where I live, "biking" is done by guys in leather jackets on Harleys.
Welcome to FitDay!

We call the Harley dudes/dudettes bikers and all the ones I know call it riding.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, it riding a Harley (which I hope to do this weekend, it's supposed to be REALLY nice here in the Northeast). Thinking we may go up around the Rangeley Lakes--the foliage should be quite spectacular. This will probably be our last ride before the bikes get put up for the winter.

As to RUNNING to the outhouse, the last time we were at camp I decided a long morning walk would be a good idea. I walked at a good pace for 30 minutes and started back. Well, breakfast and several cups of coffee decided that they needed to come out. I had a VERY GOOD workout scooting back and was praying the outhouse was not occupied. One of those get your pants undone on-the-way, back in and hope your aim is good moments.

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

TMI!!!

Lol, I have heard that coffee does that to people but it never does that to me. Must be the New Yorker in me since we start drinking the stuff as infants!

I have some port potties "outhouses" on my street because of all the workmen repairing the damage from the earthquake that was made worse by the hurricane! I am SOOOOOO happy none were put near my house!

It's kind of funny that people think we got off easy. They are hoping to have all the work done in 3 months. Then I can start on my house repairs, lol. I won't bother to list all the damage because the point was that we have porta pottie outhouses on my street!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
As to RUNNING to the outhouse, the last time we were at camp I decided a long morning walk would be a good idea. I walked at a good pace for 30 minutes and started back. Well, breakfast and several cups of coffee decided that they needed to come out. I had a VERY GOOD workout scooting back and was praying the outhouse was not occupied. One of those get your pants undone on-the-way, back in and hope your aim is good moments.

Regards,
Michael
If you owned one of these, that would never be an issue

Old 10-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

So how many calories do you burn on that thing anyways?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.