Notices

Food Advertisement Inappropriate (Admin monitored)

Old 04-06-2011, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Food Advertisement Inappropriate (Admin monitored)

I have a hard time sticking to my diet when everytime I log into FitDay the Groupon Advertisement sitting at the top of each page is a huge stack of cream cheese and strawberry pancakes. I am very hungry from dieting and this makes it harder to use this software--I may have to switch to another tracker.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dfort215
I have a hard time sticking to my diet when everytime I log into FitDay the Groupon Advertisement sitting at the top of each page is a huge stack of cream cheese and strawberry pancakes. I am very hungry from dieting and this makes it harder to use this software--I may have to switch to another tracker.
Like any site that uses Google ads and the like to support their FREE users, the site really has little to no say on exactly WHICH ads appear. Really, if a picture of pancakes causes you to consider overeating I think you need to perhaps reevaluate your eating plan--theres NO NEED to be THAT hungry.

Of course, you could also consider upgrading your account to Premium and you would see NO advertisements at all.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

dfort215,

I'm going to assume that you are being serious. Are you able to go to the mall or does the smell of the food court temp you beyond belief? Is it difficult to drive around town and see fast food restaurants, go into a grocery store and see that they sell candy & chips? How can you watch TV? When a Pizza Hut or McDonald's commercial comes on do you have to run out and get their food b/c the commercial made you so hungry that you couldn't resist, or this an isolated incident that happens only with FitDay?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 04-06-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

I've only gotten Slimband , Spas and Sushi ads.
^-^
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mine just finished with a run on the Size Zero patch that showed more buttocks than drunk frat boys
Old 04-07-2011, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down

The diet is from my doctor, according to him I need to be hungry until I get this under control. Yes I have to avoid the mall, yes I have trouble not pulling into a drive thru on the way home--lots of trouble. 01gt4.6 for a super moderator you are not very sensitive to food addictions. Do you make fun of all fat people or just me? I will have to purchase the upgrade to avoid the ads.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dfort215
The diet is from my doctor, according to him I need to be hungry until I get this under control. Yes I have to avoid the mall, yes I have trouble not pulling into a drive thru on the way home--lots of trouble. 01gt4.6 for a super moderator you are not very sensitive to food addictions. Do you make fun of all fat people or just me? I will have to purchase the upgrade to avoid the ads.
no, actually I had no what your build is, so I wouldn't say that I was making fun of you for being fat. I use to make fun of myself when I was fat, hell I still feel fat.
As far as food addictions, we all have our own issues. I just thought that it seemed kind of petty to complain about an advertisement on here when there is so much more in the "real world", but I didn't know what you are going through. I'm sorry if I offended you. I try to be supportive to everyone and I shouldn't have directed that comment towards you.
There are ways (software) to avoid ads from any site, but as Michael said you also have an option to upgrade.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjeand
Not sure what was up with Mike. Everyone I guess, even moderators, have their pissy moments. Feel free to give him crap for the comment, but keep in mind he's just as human as the rest of us. And we all have plenty to learn not only about our own battles with food but with other people's as well. I think he really thought you were being sarcastic as many of us are as we deal with things we'd rather not have to. btw - our moderators are not paid employees, just other users who volunteer their time to keep our site clear of spam and such. They are also usually good sources for encouragement and info - and know their way around the site and all its ins and outs.
thanks JJ. Life has been taking some pretty rough turns lately. I have been pissy, but that's not his problem to deal with. I shouldn't have made those comments, I was wrong. I guess I should have read over it and actually thought before hitting the submit button.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Yikes! This thread went to heck fast.....on a side note, I'm sick of seeing Jillian's face,not only do I see it here but seems to be plastered everywhere else on the interweb.....could be worse I guess.........
Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sw07
Yikes! This thread went to heck fast.....on a side note, I'm sick of seeing Jillian's face,not only do I see it here but seems to be plastered everywhere else on the interweb.....could be worse I guess.........
Yes, I was out of line. I guess I was hungry for foot and crow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.