Notices

Southern Boy Says "Hi!"

Old 10-03-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Southern Boy Says "Hi!"

Hey everyone,

It's tough to lose weight here in the South, with all the incredible fatty foods and delicious desserts everywhere you go, but I am focused and determined to lose 70 lbs. by May 2012. Then I will keep it off. I've always been athletic in the past, but have become a bit sedentary in the last few years due to my business, but it's time to re-take control of that part of my life so I can enjoy the success in other areas of my life! Thanks for any/ all support...this is a GREAT site; whoever built it is a genius.

Peace to all- Skip.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Skip, I'm from the south as well. I gained weight b/c my job changed from active to a desk job, but I didn't change my eating habits. Where are you from?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Skip!!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Skip, I'm not from the south but I love good food. One of my keys to being successful has been portion control and understanding the calorie consequences of my choices. I can eat anything I choose but I found like in the Indiana Jones Movie I must 'choose wisely'. When I do choose one of those delicious desserts the portions must be smaller than our current cultural norms. Good luck on your journey.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I am from the DRY state of Oklahoma. In fact I have a very nice sailboat hanging over dry ground in one of our local lakes. Very sad...anyway, basically the same thing happened to me jobwise. My business grew to the point someone else was doing the labor and I was supervising, so..well, lets just say my business wasnt the only thing that grew. (ha) Thanks for your support...looks like you have done well.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Ron, and congratulations on recently reaching your goal! I hope to say the same soon.