Notices

Forks over Knives

Old 09-25-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Forks over Knives

And Food Inc. Just ordered these dvds.

Anyone see them? A friend highly recommended them.

Forks Over Knives - Official Trailer - YouTube

Food Inc - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube
Old 09-25-2011, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Haven't seen the DVD's, but they both look forking good!

Thanks for posting the links... very interesting.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

no prob I think they look good too.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

My husband and I just finished the documentary on Netflix yesterday. Awesome information. I'm hoping this is a catalyst for a better healthier lifestyle for us. I called and recommended it to my parents and sisters! It doesn't sell you anything and it doesn't dumb down the science too much. Great video.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 PM
FitDay Member

It was wonderful!

But they seem to avoid using the word vegetarian and vegan as much as posible, but it clear that's what their advocating.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

I think to balance Forks Over Knives, Fat Head needs to be on this list also. Quite thought provoking while keeping things light-hearted.

Fat Head

(I would put a YouTube link but I'm blocked from accessing it at work)
Old 12-26-2011, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

I actually saw the premiere of the movie at the Museum of Science before it hit theaters! I was excited for the movie after reading 'The China Study', so I was anticipating it for a year or so before it came out.

I made a bunch of my friends come with me, and we all had the same thoughts on the movie. First, yes, they avoid vegan and vegetarian. This is because a lot of strings come with saying the word "vegan"- not consuming any animal products including clothing, concern over animal feelings, whatever other stereotypes/opinions/other things that those words suggest. Instead, they use a "whole foods, plant-based diet" which is much more what they are saying- it is just healthier to eat plant-based foods. I think they wanted to make clear that their scope was much smaller than the word "vegan" implies.

I much preferred reading "The China Study", because I'm much more science-based. I thought the documentary was geared more towards the average consumer, and was a bit melodramatic and vague at times. But after reading "The China Study" first, I knew that what they were saying was correct, I'm just not sure I would have believed it entirely if I was seeing the movie without any other background info.

Enjoy though! I am a bit supporter of this movement and I think the health benefits are fantastic :-)