Notices

So new to this it's ridiculous!

Old 10-02-2011, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Talking So new to this it's ridiculous!

Hey Everyone!
I started my weight loss journey today. I am SO new to this, Im not really sure on how to do any of it. I have lost weight before but it was not healthy at all (or legal for that matter) and once I got sober I gained it all back! I have started taking OxyELITE Pro, which has very good reviews and seems to give me the energy I need. It also curves my appetite which is a MUST! I walked twice today for 30 minutes at a medium pace. I took in 1,047 calories and burned 3,039 on my first day. Now with me being a newbie this is GREAT... to me! I just need to know from others if this is a good start and maybe some pointers to help me. I weigh 240 and would like to be about 160-170 by the first of the year and Im 25 years old.
Thanks for your time and good luck on your journey as well!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

I'm also sober 9+ years and I must admit it's just like an addict to start taking pills to lose weight.

I wish there was a magic pill - OxyElite or otherwise - but in my experience, there is not.

You're on the right track w/ diet and exercise, as a recovering addict, I would skip the pills - just my suggestion.

Originally Posted by MrsFoster86
Hey Everyone!
I started my weight loss journey today. I am SO new to this, Im not really sure on how to do any of it. I have lost weight before but it was not healthy at all (or legal for that matter) and once I got sober I gained it all back! I have started taking OxyELITE Pro, which has very good reviews and seems to give me the energy I need. It also curves my appetite which is a MUST! I walked twice today for 30 minutes at a medium pace. I took in 1,047 calories and burned 3,039 on my first day. Now with me being a newbie this is GREAT... to me! I just need to know from others if this is a good start and maybe some pointers to help me. I weigh 240 and would like to be about 160-170 by the first of the year and Im 25 years old.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ronjohnfl
I'm also sober 9+ years and I must admit it's just like an addict to start taking pills to lose weight.

I wish there was a magic pill - OxyElite or otherwise - but in my experience, there is not.

You're on the right track w/ diet and exercise, as a recovering addict, I would skip the pills - just my suggestion.
Thanks for you suggestion. I think I will give it a shot, and if it doesn't do any good with this one bottle, I won't be buying another
Old 10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! Sounds like you're on the right track. Make sure you pick a calorie level that you can live with--it's way too easy to get off-track in you get too hungry. Don't forget to drink as much water as you reasonably can.

As to the supplements, well, if they're working for you (or you think they are), go for it! Keep us posted as to how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-03-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MrsFoster86
Hey Everyone!
I've never heard of OxyELITE, but generally speaking these things are a great way to make you lighter - in the wallet, not so much the hips. IMHO you can do this without the magic pill, seriously. You're doing all the right things, logging your intake, working out, staying sober. If cravings are a problem you might try reducing your carb intake. Personally I have a lot of trouble with wheat, if I eat wheat anytime before 4:00pm, then I get uncontrollable cravings. If I avoid grain during the day, I have a whole lot more control over my appetite. So it may in fact be what you are eating that is making you hungry and not what you are avoiding. So for a week you might try a high protein, low carb breakfast and see if you don't have better luck with the cravings. Just a thought.

Another dead horse I beat to death with newbies is to drink water, and lots of it, 64 oz baseline + 8 oz for every 10lbs you want to lose. It's a lot, and takes getting used to, but it's so important for me personally that I always mention it.

3,000 calories of burn, seems like a lot, almost too much really given that your workout is walking. Are you logging sleep? Many of us here on the forum have found the calculator to be inaccurate unless we log the hours we sleep. Also I would caution that healthy weight loss rate is on the order of 1-3lbs/week, at that pace you can probably lose 20-30lbs by the first of the year. I would urge you to take a long hard look at that goal of 70-80lbs and maybe adjust it, as a goal it might be attainable, but probably not in the healthiest fashion.

I do believe however that you can look to lose 70-80lbs before Easter 2012. My journey started out at 244.6 lbs and it took the better part of 6 months to lose 80 lbs. I had some really great weight loss weeks in the beginning, but it slowed down after that.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-03-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Everyone! So far so good! Im really excited about this! I KNOW I can do this!