Notices

New Girl on the Block

Old 09-27-2011, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Girl on the Block

Greetings fellow FitDay folks,

Having just recently endured the trauma of turning 40, I've realized that I'm running out of time to get myself on track to a healthy future, so I'm going to try (once again) to lose the weight, and just maybe, get back in shape.

I hit my all-time weight high approximately four years ago, at 280 lbs. I lost 100 lbs over the course of a year and a half, but have since gained back 50. Hopefully, this time any success will be "forever".

Atkins worked for me before, but this time I'm doing "The New Atkins", which seems healthier, cause of all the vegetables they want you to eat.

This site seems like it could be extremely helpful, but in addition to being able to monitor my food intake, I'd love to meet some new friends on the same journey.

Best to everyone!

Tracy
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default hello new girl on the block

my name is gail and I am new here also. I joined fitday several months ago just to log in my intake so that I could really see what I was eating. what a surprise to actually see the numbers. I hope that I can lose a lot of weight, but it is going to take me a long time. so I am looking for some friends to support me in this change in my life.

I am 64 years old, disabled, and weighed 340 when I started.

gail
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Gail, Hi Tracy,
I am Donna, I am back to FitDay and new to the forums. I was losing, but am told I hit a plateau. I don't know what to call it, but 6 months, no weight loss, still trying, I'll call it "frustrating". I am hoping to find support and encouragement and hopefully offer the same to others. I am hoping that being accountable to what I do and what I eat will give me the start I needed.
Tracy, I'd like to know more about the "New Atkins" I didn't know there was a new one. I am portioning my food at 3 to 4 ounces of meat with lots of veggies, for lunch and dinner. Yogurts and nuts for snacks,
Here is to a good start to a friendship and great support system.
Good luck to both of you!
Donna
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome, one and all!

I'm here to testify that if you get serious about using FitDay and make the commitment to stick with you plan more often than not (i.e. don't let the OCCASIONAL off-plan day become a habit) then you WILL lose the weight you want to.

If there's anything you need help with, just speak up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-28-2011, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael,
I am hoping to stay committed to FitDay and again pick up the weight loss. I truly believe I need the forums and support of others, and I hope I can keep with this. I think being accountable is key for me.. Again, thanks for your reply, and encouraging words.
Donna