Notices

Ahoy, and I'm back again

Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 PM
FitDay Member

Mike I didnt know that it was ever that serious with you, I guess it makes me more confident to hear and see your progress that man that is amazing, All my life I have been up and down with my weight I got to the point were I just thought its never going to be for me to be thin or just smaller I got to do it now thanks to both you guys for the support I am going to continue working at it
Old 05-12-2011, 12:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by CapnCrunch00
Mike I didnt know that it was ever that serious with you, I guess it makes me more confident to hear and see your progress that man that is amazing, All my life I have been up and down with my weight I got to the point were I just thought its never going to be for me to be thin or just smaller I got to do it now thanks to both you guys for the support I am going to continue working at it
Capn, that's good to hear. Yup, I've had a struggle all my life--was probably 300 or so in high school. Got down to 175 by mostly starvation methods at age 21 or so then spent the next bunch of years getting back up over 400. In '01 or thereabouts joined FitDay and got down to 184 in about a years time by doing ultra-low cals/fat (after a 30 day water fast). Of course, spent the next few years putting it all back on, and then some.

Last May I decided that I had to take action--was really getting hard to move, I could barely squeeze into my vehicle, it hurt just to stand up out of my chair. After six weeks of 1500 calories I weighed in at 393 so I figure I was somewhere around 440 or so--perhaps more, perhaps a bit less.

About the only good thing about being really big is that you can lose weight REALLY fast at first. I don't recall how many cals you're doing but 1500-1600 works really well for me. I'm not often overly hungry and have maintained a fairly consistent loss (which is slowing as I get smaller, but that's fine). Health-wise I noticed a difference very quickly but it was quite some time before I did much exercise.

Now the thing that I've never done is to maintain a healthy weight for any long period of time--I've always been either going up or going down. That is going to be my biggest challenge. My plan is to continue to journal food and exercise on FitDay for the foreseeable future, even when I do get to my goal. I know I just can't be trusted without some form of accountability and keeping track--most people probably can, but I know myself and have come to that realization.

Please keep us posted as to your progress and never give up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Been awhile for me here I know been trying to keep busy and out of the fridge, a lot of doc appointments a seven day stay in the hospital for pneumonia and all kinds of ups and downs bottom line is that since my last post back in May my last weight was at 547 i went down from there to 533 but my last weigh I was back up to 544 so I back tracked that weigh in was at the doc office during my consult with bariatric doc I did have my first sit donw with doc that might being doing a surgery. and now I am looking forward to visit with dietian and getting started on new diet and program cause they wont you to loose weight before they can do any surgery and because of my lung illness it is an maybe still about surgery so I am going to try and up my game at losing some of this weight. I have a regular work out routine but I am limited at what I can do. Just thought I should checkin I hope the regulars are doing well with their programs and the newbies are motivated by the group here and the site it is a good place good folks. Well wishes to all
Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by CapnCrunch00
Been awhile for me here I know been trying to keep busy and out of the fridge, a lot of doc appointments a seven day stay in the hospital for pneumonia and all kinds of ups and downs bottom line is that since my last post back in May my last weight was at 547 i went down from there to 533 but my last weigh I was back up to 544 so I back tracked that weigh in was at the doc office during my consult with bariatric doc I did have my first sit donw with doc that might being doing a surgery. and now I am looking forward to visit with dietian and getting started on new diet and program cause they wont you to loose weight before they can do any surgery and because of my lung illness it is an maybe still about surgery so I am going to try and up my game at losing some of this weight. I have a regular work out routine but I am limited at what I can do. Just thought I should checkin I hope the regulars are doing well with their programs and the newbies are motivated by the group here and the site it is a good place good folks. Well wishes to all
Cap'n, hoped to hear you were doing better, but I'm glad you're still at it. I wish I could send you some of my weight loss mojo--it really saddens me that so many folks have such trouble losing weight when it comes pretty easy for me (perhaps it's the life-long practice!).

Anyway, I hope you do well on your pre-op diet and so forth. Don't be a stranger!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-23-2011, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

I know this is the "mens only" forum but I can't help but read posts. I just wanted to offer encouragement to you CapN. I am sure if you talk to people you can find some form of exercise to do. Even if you can't stand periods of time you can sit and work with your arms and some light weights. Any time you move is a calorie burn and just staying still is counter-productive. I say all this with the best of intentions. Keep up your hard work and I know you will get there.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:42 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks appreciate it really I do and I always welcome any helpful critques, its rough but you are absolutely right it can be done. I got my mini stepper today with the resistance bands attached I can sit on the edge of my bed and use with the O2 so I started that tonight, will try and keep that up and hang around more often here. Thanks again.