Notices

New mom seeking support

Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default New mom seeking support

So I'm 22 years old and just had my first child. At the beginning of my pregnancy I had actually lost weight, but that didn't last long. Now I'm back up to 250lbs and I'm hoping to get down to 150lbs in a year. It's about 2lbs a week which is very do-able for me. When I start losing weight I tend to lose it fast, but I am HORRIBLE at staying motivated. I hope dropping to a healthier amount of daily calories (2,000) will help plus the fact that I walk to work every day and have a new baby to keep me active. I can't do anything too drastic as far as calorie intake is concerned because I'm breastfeeding and I've been told too few calories can hurt my milk supply. I'm also taking a daily multivitamin to help.

Anyone else out there with similar goals/situation?
Old 09-23-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am not in your situation but wanted to welcome you to the site/forum anyway. I encourage you to continue on in your goals!

Old 09-23-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Well I'm not exactly in that same place as you, but I did start out near 250 and have survived child bearing and breastfeeding. Welcome aboard and good luck to you. Regardless of your place along the journey you will find that the goal of "getting fit" is pretty unifying, somewhat like motherhood. It's sort of like taking a newborn to the grocery store and having a "baby" conversation in the checkout lane with a 65 year old grandmother. It doesn't really matter where you are in the journey, we all sort of "get" each other and have much in common.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much! I definitely feel welcome here. I love being able to see everyone's progress. It helps me feel like my goals are actually obtainable.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jheathcoat2011
So I'm 22 years old and just had my first child. At the beginning of my pregnancy I had actually lost weight, but that didn't last long. Now I'm back up to 250lbs and I'm hoping to get down to 150lbs in a year. It's about 2lbs a week which is very do-able for me. When I start losing weight I tend to lose it fast, but I am HORRIBLE at staying motivated. I hope dropping to a healthier amount of daily calories (2,000) will help plus the fact that I walk to work every day and have a new baby to keep me active. I can't do anything too drastic as far as calorie intake is concerned because I'm breastfeeding and I've been told too few calories can hurt my milk supply. I'm also taking a daily multivitamin to help.

Anyone else out there with similar goals/situation?
Don't expect to lose exactly 2 lbs every week. Sometimes it will be 2, sometimes 1, sometimes a half pound, sometimes nothing for a few weeks. It will all add up over time though.

2000 calories should be a healthy level for you unless you are very tall but I would ask your doctor since there's someone else involved (your baby) who needs healthy milk.

When you get smaller you may need to drop calories to lose more weight or increase exercise. Exercising at 250 lbs. can be very hard on your joints so make sure whatever you do is low impact.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

I think that during this period the most important thing for every mother is to find a good baby formula and choose good diapers for the comfort and health of the baby.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

You are right and it was not easy. As a new mom, I've been on the lookout for the best products for my newborn, especially when it comes to diapers and formula. I recently discovered https://thebestfromjapan.com/ and their range of baby essentials has been a pleasantly surprised me. Their diapers are gentle on my baby's skin and provide excellent leakage protection, giving me peace of mind throughout the day. Additionally, their selection of baby formula is top-notch, ensuring my little one gets all the nutrients they need for healthy growth and development. I highly recommend checking out their products for any new parent seeking reliable support and quality.

Last edited by Tanya P Clay; 02-25-2024 at 08:30 AM.