View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lproxygirl77 View Post
I just started insanity today so I dont know how well its going to work for me, my biggest issue is I cant find anyone in my situation. Im 5'10 120lbs so losing weight or inches off my waist would be pretty much deadly for me!! im already underweight and eat a ton. Im confused with how I should diet with this program and how to input it on this site correctly!! Im guessing I need to increase my protein and carbs with shakes etc?
I would suggest weight training with limited cardio exercises. I am assuming you would like to be more fit and defined. Cardio won't do it for you. Lift heavy (use enough weight to perform only 4-6 repetitions before you cannot perform the lift with good form). If you're not an experienced lifter get instruction. Increase your protein intake to the .5 to 1.0 grams per pound of lean body weight range. An increase in your total calories so you are in a calorie surplus is neccesary for weight gain but try to maintain your protein around 30% of your calories. Body builders call this bulking. Some increase in body fat is expected but if your metabolism is as you stated this should be easy for you to shed once you build some muscle.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote