Notices

Fight! No Matter What

Old 09-22-2011, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fight! No Matter What

Starting weight:455lbs Current: 220lbs

Hello everyone!

Its been a long and hard fought journey through my weight issues. My name is Chris I'm a 34 year old male who has been through it all. I've been overweight my whole life and its only now do I feel alive. Its like I was asleep all these years and finally woke up. I've tried just about every diet and gimmick out there. None of them were strong enough to snap me out of my addiction to food. I've done something that I have yet to see anyone claim. I've lost over 100 pounds 3 different times in the past 12 years. Twice I gained it back and more, this time its different. Its different because of what I have discovered though my long journey.
I found that it isn't the diet fad you choose. Its not the fancy equipment you buy. Its not even the personal trainer you pay for that works best. Its the power of will inside you that is the real strength you need. In the past when I lost large amounts of weight I didn't have focus on why I was doing it. Just ask yourself why are you losing weight. Is it to get the attention of someone. How about making your partner happy. Maybe you want to look like people you see in magazines. What ever your reason like in the movies "There can be only one". You need to be losing weight for YOU! and no one else. For your health, future, peace of mind and soul. You see in my past I was doing it for all the wrong reason's. Mostly it was in hope of attracting someone enough to want be with me. When it wasn't happening and other issues happened in my life I caved in like a wet piece of paper. I thought I was strong the second time around but again I wasn't doing it for me. I was doomed from the start and I didn't even know it.
It was hard to start over a 3rd time. Before I started I had eaten my way into a darkness I had never ventured before. Suicide was to me a sweet option to living. I was now weighing 455lbs and 64 size pants barely fit me. I had nothing to look forward to. Thank god I had a close family that gave me a place to stay and time to focus on me. I no longer had possessions weighing me down. They only thing I had with me was the past and pain.
People say let your past go when you try to move on. I say that is foolish. First off the past is who we are you should never hid from who you are. Second if your past was that bad or painful, use it. I keep fresh in my mind all the lonely painful scars in my past. Why you may ask? Its the best weapon in keeping your wits about you. My pain pushes me when I want to quit working out. No exhaustion or muscle fatigue is as painful as the hurt I've felt in my heart. I remember that feeling when working out and I can bare anything. I use my pain when I want to eat bad food. I think of all the people who let me down in my life and I say f@ck'em all. This is my time to shine I'm doing this for me. For me nothing takes me back to this pain or makes me free positive like music can. It is the straw that stirs my drink of emotions. Like the song I consider my theme song, "No Matter What" by TI.
Here is a little:

God will take you through hell, just to get you to heaven
So even tho it's heavy, the load I will carry
Grin and still bear it, win and still share it
Apologies to the fans, I hope you can understand it
Life can change ya direction, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing still far from optional
And, Yea they wanna see you shot up in the hospital
But, when life throw punches, block and counter like a boxer do
Been locked inside mi casa too long, I did a song
To make it known that the king lives on pimpin

(Hook)
I ain't dead (nah) I ain't done(nah)
I ain't scared(of what?), I ain't run(from Who?)
But still I stand (yeah)
No matter what pimpin here I am(Yeah)
No matter What

Remember I ain't break(never), I ain't fold(never)
They hate me more(so?)
Yeah I know(Ha, Ha)
Here I go(Yeah)
No matter what shawty, here I go
No matter what shawty
Attached Files
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your success, and thanks for your thought-provoking post. I think I may try some of your ideas!

Your story is quite inspiring.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

What an inspirational post! Thank you so much for sharing!!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Chris, I hear ya', brother. Let's you and me make this our LAST TRIP to the big weight loss rodeo!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-23-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Chris, way to go! Very inspiring.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Chris! Thanks for reminding us that the weight loss has to be FOR ME. That IS the best reason!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

"You need to be losing weight for YOU!"

Amen to that! That says it all, really.

Very inspiring account, Chris. And...

to the Discussions/FitDay!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Awesome!

Love this statement " Its the power of will inside you that is the real strength you need"

Thanks for the inspiration and the reminder that this is a personal journey that starts from within.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Deiss76
I found that it isn't the diet fad you choose. Its not the fancy equipment you buy. Its not even the personal trainer you pay for that works best. Its the power of will inside you that is the real strength you need.
This.

And thanks for posting such an honest and inspirational account. Your achievement so far is truly humbling. You must have a will of iron, and I bet the results speak for themselves.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

@Wildbeanerz~I have to say...wow! what a difference in the before and now pic!!! You are already very pretty but it's obvious you are going to be a total knockout when you reach your goals. I'm not hitting on you...lol...it's just motivating to see how noticeable results can be along the journey. Thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited by SlimTrish70; 11-03-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.