Thread: HCG Diet
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaples View Post
I am curious to see if anyone else has tried the hcg. I have been doing it on and off for about a year now. I lost 30lbs, but have trouble maintaining that. I gain 10lbs. and then turn around and lose that same 10lbs. I would like to progress past that point. Does anyone have maintenance tips for after HCG?
And there in lies the problem. In my opinion HCG is a short term fix to a long term problem. Did you change your lifestyle? Did you learn to cook and eat heathier, or add exercise to your routine? Did you learn about how your body metabolizes what you eat, the proper balance of calories and macro-nutients?

In most cases the answer to these questions is NO! While HCG may be the greatest diet drug ever discovered it won't change your attitudes or habits concerning food and exercise.

You have to decide that your weight loss is a lifestyle change for better health and fitness, and not just a short term 'diet'. The most succesful people here on Fitday are the ones that have the longterm mentality.

I am not telling you that HCG is good or bad. I'm saying it takes more than just a drug for longterm health and fitness.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote