Notices

Activity reference?

Old 01-05-2010, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Activity reference?

I want to add to my daily activity list that I did 45 minutes of aerobics ( to my videos)....but I can't find aerobics on the list....any suggestions???
Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
fitday_jim

If you use the activity search for 'aerobics' you will see about 5 different levels that you can select. It might have been hard to browse for these activities. They are listed under 'dance' I think.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-06-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Any ideas why the elliptical is not one of the listed choices for cardiovascular activities?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

I agree. An elliptical trainer would be a good exercise to add since they are so popular.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

I am using a Elliptical for low impact but could not locate it in activities. I log my 60 min Elliptical in the walking up stairs part of Fitday.

The calorie count is only off about 50 calories less then the Elliptical.

For instant to days actual Elliptical: I did 1 hour, 2 miles and 610 calories
Fitday walking up stairs climbing is: 1 hour, 2.5 miles and 522 calories

It's very close to the machine.

Last edited by Lynzatn; 01-06-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

It would be nice to be able to add a custom activity and set the calories burned. Many times I know exactly how many calories I burned based on what the machine said, but can't find an exact match in the list. Other times, my entry just isn't there. For instance, I do Yoga but the only option is Hatha Yoga, which is not the same thing and burns more calories.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default i am new...is there any way to add your own exercises?

i have looked through all the exercises and there are more than i could need in most cases but....i happen to be a disabled person and the two exercises i do 99% of the time are water jogging (no pressure on my lower limbs so it can do it without much effort) and recumbent elliptical. well no worries with the water jogging since it is listed in the exercises on this site but there is nothing close to the recumbent elliptical and when i try to relate it to the stationary bike the numbers come out w-a-y wrong. does anybody have any suggestions???? thanks in advance for any help!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ced1976 and welcome to FitDay!

You mention that the numbers come out wrong. So I assume you have some way of determining the calories you burn per time on the recumbent elliptical?

I'm thinking you can make a correlation between the recumbent and the stationary. If you burn 400 calories on the recumbent in x amount of time, then enter one of the choices for stationary bike, then "play" with the time to equal this amount of calories burned.

I just played with the stationary bike (100 watts) and when I plug in 1 hour, 5 minutes it comes out to 400 calories (401 really but close enough), assuming you have burned 400 calories on the recumbent.

Let's assume for example that you spent 45 minutes on the recumbent and burned 400 calories, and this is equal to 65 minutes on the stationary to burn the same amount.

You can then calculate the number that adjusts for the difference:

45 minutes X (x) = 65 minutes

x = 65/45

x = 1.44

So the next time, if you use the recumbent for 50 minutes, you would multiply 50 by 1.44 and come up with 72 minutes. You would then say that you did the stationary bike for 72 minutes.

I hope this helps. Since it's all about keeping track of the calories burned, it wouldn't matter if your activities say "stationary bike" or recumbent, so long as the amount of calories burned for the time you put in is fairly accurate.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

I am looking for options for yoga and eliptical....can't find either. Is there anyway to customize?
Old 09-23-2011, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default custome activity

Originally Posted by doggiesnot
It would be nice to be able to add a custom activity and set the calories burned. Many times I know exactly how many calories I burned based on what the machine said, but can't find an exact match in the list. Other times, my entry just isn't there. For instance, I do Yoga but the only option is Hatha Yoga, which is not the same thing and burns more calories.
I was just going to ask if you can do this in Fitday. I use a monitor and know how many calories I burned and would like to add this.

pondego

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.