Notices

Fell Off The Wagon

Old 07-09-2011, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fell Off The Wagon

With the changing of seasons, jobs, and other life factors I haven't been back in the gym for 2 months. Over that time I've lost sight of my goals, motivation, and the feeling that comes along with working out.

Now that I'm finally adjusted to my new work hours I've made going to the gym one of my top priorities. I know it's something I have to do for myself, but help keep me motivated!

My new goals:
1. Go to the gym three days a week
2. Drop as close to 25lb. in 12weeks as possible
3. Stop going out to eat
Old 07-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

We all fall off the wagon from time to time, you just have to pick yourself back up. Stay active here so we can help keep you motivated!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

The best thing to do when you fall off the wagon, is to do exactly what you said. Just get back up on the wagon and forget that you ever fell off.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Looks like you are on the right track. The first thing is knowing that you were off track and doing what you need to get back on.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Urbanmule
With the changing of seasons, jobs, and other life factors I haven't been back in the gym for 2 months. Over that time I've lost sight of my goals, motivation, and the feeling that comes along with working out.

Now that I'm finally adjusted to my new work hours I've made going to the gym one of my top priorities. I know it's something I have to do for myself, but help keep me motivated!

My new goals:
1. Go to the gym three days a week
2. Drop as close to 25lb. in 12weeks as possible
3. Stop going out to eat
Hi,
I've recently had a tumble off the wagaon as well.I stayed off a little longer than you ,but the key is,like you I'm back on .
Goals,tracking intake an exercise . A combinatin destined to make us successful.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

I fell off the wagon for 2 years. I am now back on. I regret the two years, but better late than never, I think.

I already feel better in so many ways: energy, alertness, wellness, self respect, and I've lost a little weight lol.

Brian
Old 09-16-2011, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

I can certainly relate. I was headed in a good direction. I lost 55 lbs. and was even starting to gain some muscle. Was doing Power 90 and C25K simultaneously. I even made it to running a 5K before the 9 week course was over, albeit a somewhat slow jog @ 37 mins but there was no walking. THe yoga portion of Power 90 was tough. Downward dog / upward dog will kick your butt! I was doing really great. Had my diet cleaned up and eating well. The fat was melting away and some muscle definition was beginning to form.

Then it happened! Phase 2 of Power 90 has a back exercise where you lie down on the floor face down and raise the arms and legs arching the back and hold it. On the second attempt a back muscle let go and I was done. One week became two. I tried to just keep walking but everything I did caused me back pain. I couldn't even walk 1/2 mile without causing great discomfort in my back. It did take me long to stop exercising altogether.

Of course this also led to my dietary demise as well. Slowly began allowing myself to eat fast food again. And here I sit writing this tonight, my fat gut hanging over my pants once again, wondering if I can get this junk off my body one more time. I have to get back to eating right and moving again.

Today I began again. I walked 2 miles this evening and I did it in 30 mins. As soon as I did it I came back to this site for the first time in months. My feet and legs hurt but it's that good kind of hurt. Tomorrow I shall go grocery shopping and vow to stay the hell away from Jack in The Box and McDonald's. Time to get back on the wagon! This time no back exercises!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:42 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mark999
I can certainly relate. I was headed in a good direction. I lost 55 lbs. and was even starting to gain some muscle. Was doing Power 90 and C25K simultaneously. I even made it to running a 5K before the 9 week course was over, albeit a somewhat slow jog @ 37 mins but there was no walking. THe yoga portion of Power 90 was tough. Downward dog / upward dog will kick your butt! I was doing really great. Had my diet cleaned up and eating well. The fat was melting away and some muscle definition was beginning to form.

Then it happened! Phase 2 of Power 90 has a back exercise where you lie down on the floor face down and raise the arms and legs arching the back and hold it. On the second attempt a back muscle let go and I was done. One week became two. I tried to just keep walking but everything I did caused me back pain. I couldn't even walk 1/2 mile without causing great discomfort in my back. It did take me long to stop exercising altogether.

Of course this also led to my dietary demise as well. Slowly began allowing myself to eat fast food again. And here I sit writing this tonight, my fat gut hanging over my pants once again, wondering if I can get this junk off my body one more time. I have to get back to eating right and moving again.

Today I began again. I walked 2 miles this evening and I did it in 30 mins. As soon as I did it I came back to this site for the first time in months. My feet and legs hurt but it's that good kind of hurt. Tomorrow I shall go grocery shopping and vow to stay the hell away from Jack in The Box and McDonald's. Time to get back on the wagon! This time no back exercises!
Mark, glad you're back! I understand totally about the back muscle issue--it took months for mine to get back to normal--never had so much pain.

I know it's so easy to slip back into old habits. At least your slip wasn't totally disasterous and you're back on track. When I went off last time I came back to FitDay 250 pounds heavier than when I left

So let's go! Whatever happens exercise-wise, you've GOT to keep your eating in check. Exercise and good eating habits are best, but even w/o exercise you can maintain or lose slowly.

Keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-17-2011, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Mark, glad you're back! I understand totally about the back muscle issue--it took months for mine to get back to normal--never had so much pain.

I know it's so easy to slip back into old habits. At least your slip wasn't totally disasterous and you're back on track. When I went off last time I came back to FitDay 250 pounds heavier than when I left

So let's go! Whatever happens exercise-wise, you've GOT to keep your eating in check. Exercise and good eating habits are best, but even w/o exercise you can maintain or lose slowly.

Keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael,

I remember you from when I was here before. I even participated in one of your 10% challenges. I see you have caught up to me. I can't seem to keep going in one direction, unless it the wrong direction.

So, we are both at 205 lbs. and we both want to get to 175lbs. Your journey has been such an inspiration to so many people. If you can do what you have already done and still go to where I wished I were, then it should be skip in the park for me. I'm gonna do these last 30 lbs with you...cheering you on!

Mark
Old 09-19-2011, 08:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default We all fall of the wagon

I fell off the wagon for nearly 6 years and just got back on 3 months ago. It is funny how making the outside look better can make the inside feel better. Glad to finally be back doing something for myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.