Notices

This time!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default This time!

Hi All,

this is my first day on FitDay and I am determined to make this work where so many other things have failed!
I have been dieting for about 10 weeks now and have lost 8lbs, not brilliant, which is why I am trying it this way. I currently weigh 240lbs waaaaaay too much for my 5'3" and I want to get to 130, so a long way to go!
In addition to controlling my calorie intake I am also increasing my exercise, so here's hoping this works as I am desperate! Hope to make some friends on here for mutual support too
Old 09-05-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome!

FitDay works great, but you have to make the commitment to stick with it. It sounds like you're ready to do it!

Check out some of the subforums and you'll find many helpful folks ready to lend support and advice and if you have any questions, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-05-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! i am new as well... So u are counting calories? How many calories per day are you taking in? Im trying to get an idea of how many I should eat per day. I am 5'3 too, I weigh 213.2. Any suggestions you have on your journey would be great!!!

Thanks, Dannette
Old 09-05-2011, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

I am currently taking in 1500 calories a day and doing at least an hours exercise 5 days a week. Activities include gym, swimming, water aerobics and yoga. Really enjoying it at the minute. Have lost 8lb in 10 weeks without tracking anything or really restricting calories so I think this new regime will really pay off!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Diane! Sounds like your dedication is there. You may be surprised that with logging you may see you were eating a bit more calories than you thought and that is why your loss (while still awesome) wasn't quite what it could have been with that amount of exercise.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:42 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Diane welcome.... I weigh today 238 lbs much better than the 252lbs I logged on 8 August 2011.... I am 5'8" so a bit taller than you.... My target weight will be between 152 & 162 lbs.... I am like you on a journey that will take a while to complete... Happy to be a buddy! Share ideas and get motivation flowing.... I am in need of more exercise whilst I could I haven't but maybe today is the first day I start... I have two lovely dogs who will happily keep me company on a long walk!!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Great weightloss ! I am new here today as well, and looking to make some new friends! i am 18, and habe 51 1b to lose!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Diane! this is my first day too, I was excited when i came across this, and looking to meet new friends along the way! What is your favourite weightloss meal to eat, and what exercise is your favourite??!!