View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
mommiepretty
FitDay Member

Hi! I'm kinda new (been hanging out mostly on the 7-day thread in the women's section), but I love oatmeal...if it's not cooked. I generally dislike breakfast (always have), but I'm working on changing my paradigms around breakfast and time. One yummy, relatively quick breakfast I've started enjoying again is muesli, which I loved as a kid and just forgot about my favourite recipe is 1/4 cup raw old-fashioned rolled oats, 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts, 3 oz yogurt (~1/2 container), and 1 cup diced/sliced fresh fruit (I've also used thawed frozen berries in a pinch, but I really like a good crisp green apple for lots of crunch). Just mix everything together well, and enjoy! Makes a nice change from hot cereal in warm weather, especially with seasonal fruits—I'll even fix muesli for a mid-afternoon snack now
Height 5'8"

Current size/weight goal: To fit (back) into the only designer cocktail dress I own
Current health/condition goal: To get my resting heart rate down to ~70bpm
Current goal date: Valentine's Day 2012

"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain." ~~Author Unknown
mommiepretty is offline   Reply With Quote