View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
VitoVino
FitDay Member

I agree that moderation is best, at least for me. Moderation has always worked for me in the past whereas I've never eaten just all "diet foods" when reducing caloric intake. I've always eaten what I've wanted, just watched the portion sizes.

This time around since I've been the heaviest in my life, I'm thankful that I finally found FitDay to help me with not only the moderation, but also the macros and nutrients, which happens to be totally new to me. So for the first time I'm actually watching my cholesterol and sodium.

I also have to stay away from triggers. I know I can't eat cookies or any more chocolate (my sweet substitute is an occasional hard candy). I think I'll be able to control ice cream once in a while, but again I'll use FitDay to make sure I'm "hittin' the numbers" and not going overboard. I was in the habit of eating 5 scoops at a time, but no more.

When I say "I eat anything I want" it's true, but it's a little misleading. For instance today I ate a 12" ham and swiss hoagie. But now I'll watch my calories and sodium to make sure I don't go over my caloric intake for the day. But that's OK. I'm looking forward to some low fat yogurt, peanuts, fruit, and veggies the rest of the day.

It's OK to occasionally eat "bad", but when I was doing it all the time I had no energy and my head was always cloudy. I never want to go back to that again.

Think of food as fuel for the body instead of feeding emotions
VitoVino is offline   Reply With Quote