Getting from 345 to 310 by November >

Getting from 345 to 310 by November

Community
Notices

Getting from 345 to 310 by November

Old 09-04-2011, 05:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Getting from 345 to 310 by November

Hey there -- I'm new to this forum, but not my first time trying to lose weight. I'm in my 20s, and 6'4, about 345 pounds, trying to get to 220.

Over the past few years, I've tried and failed, as it was really difficult as I was working and in school. (its an excuse, I know) Now that I'm done school, its time to do this once and for all -- I've said this before, but there's no better time than now.

I've gotten as low as 305 several years back, but never cracked into the 2xx range. This was from a combo of exercising regularly and tracking my food intake in fitday.

My goal right now, is to get from 345 to 310 by November 30th. That puts it to be 35 pounds in 3 months (13 weeks) -- just under 3 pounds/week. And then start 2012 in the 2xx range.

Its fairly agressive, but I like a challenge. I'm working to eat a lot better, cut out the pop, and to exercise more. .

Right now, I'm trying to bike ride (10m) or run (1hr) a few times a week. I'm trying to get this up to 4-5 times/week by mixing in the gym as well.

Any advice/support/tips would be great... I've got a long way to go, but I'm set on getting to 310.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome!

I can tell you that FitDay works if you commit to it. You need to run a pretty high calorie deficit (1500 a day or more, on average) to lose 3 lbs. a week. Not hard to do, really, at your weight and exercise level.

I found 1500 calories a day in a more-or-less 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix to work pretty well for me. Also drinking as much water as you reasonably can (a gallon is a good place to start) helps immensely.

Go for it!

Regards,l
Michael

PS Check out our 100 plus to lose thread over in Diet Tips if you like.