If not now, when? >

If not now, when?

Community
Notices

If not now, when?

Old 09-01-2011, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Wink If not now, when?

I just discovered FitDay yesterday, and am busy filling in data. When my doctor told me my weight at my physical last month, I was shocked and decided this has to stop. However, I am the queen of excuses, and really need a buddy and external motivation. I am so glad to have found this site to use as a tool. Wish me luck! : )
Old 09-03-2011, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

No, no cool band references for me... my husband is the one who is really good at that. I am just tired of the procrastination : )

I am not on any diet right now, other than trying to use garden produce as my main source of food right now. I am totally a meat eater though, so it is hard! A local fitness shop in town is going to start a wieght loss challenge in a week or so, though, and I want to sign up for it. I think it is an herba life thing.

Do you have any threads that you have found especially helpful? Being on dialup, the idea of looking through all the possibilities is a little overwhelming! Thanks!

Have a great day : )
Old 09-03-2011, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

And good luck!

You really don't need to be on any particular "diet". It's all about portion control and logging everything, so you can really eat anything you want, within moderation. I've even managed to down a few 12" subs and a ff burger now and then, and I'm still dropping.

So it's not really about luck, it's about making the most of the tools and resources on this site.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome and the advice... I need to work on the moderation part. : )My first move toward that is no more second helpings!