View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #46 (permalink)
njh50
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

So sorry to hear you are having a bad time again with the Crohn's. The new kitchen sounds great. We started doing ours six years ago and its still not finished! The wall tiles are half done and we cant decide what to do with the floor. We knocked the wall down between the kitchen and the dining room and so now have floor boards in one half and quarry tiles (6" red clay tiles laid on a bed of sand) in the other half. We will get there one day..... I have learnt a valuable lesson - dont let a husband who works long hours convince you that he can do the work for a fraction of the cost.

I havent put on any weight but have stayed more-or-less the same. I am a bit stressed at the moment as my eldest daughter is having gyni problems and has had tests done and had a MRI scan yesterday, so we are just waiting to hear what is going on. I cant even think about dieting at the moment.

Some of the local schools went back yesterday (Fri 2nd Sept) but my children's school goes back on Monday (5th Sept). I am happy to report that my son did very well in his GCSEs and is starting 6th form (Year 12 - dont know what grade that would be with you - his is 16), which was a relief all round. Surprisingly, a few of his friends did not meet the grades they needed and so had to rush around trying to find alternative avenues. At least he is sorted for the next two years - just have to do the usual nagging "Have you done your homework"! He doesnt wear a uniform in 6th Form so he is costing me a packet getting him sorted with clothes to wear - works out more expensive than a uniform!

Hope you feel better soon and good luck with the kitchen (I am ssssooooo green with envy!).

Love Nita xxx