View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
KFue
FitDay Member

I am having the same issue and have been searching the forums looking for the answer. I recently saw a personal trainer who told me my eating habits were unhealthy (1000 calories or less a day- mostly carbs) and messing up my metabolism, she recommended I eat 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat (consuming 1300-1600 cals a day) along with 1 hour of cardio 5x a week. I have been following her plan religiously, sometimes exercising more than an hour each day and I haven't lost ANY weight, in fact I gained 2 lbs.
I am really freaking out about this, I was hoping to lose 1-2 lbs a week w/ this workout and exercise plan and it seems to be getting me no where. She told me to stick with it for at least 6 weeks, and that this is the normal reaction the body has as it gets used to a new diet and that something magical happens after the 6 week mark. I am not going to give up, but I will be so disappointed if I keep at this for nothing. I'm still hoping to lose 10-20 pounds by the end of June.

Has anyone else had the problem of gaining weight with a new exercise and workout plan? Maybe you had the same problem and worked through it with good results?

I am consuming b/t 1200-1400 calories a day and burning enough calories at the gym that I should be seeing results and am really bummed.
KFue is offline   Reply With Quote