Notices

Out of obese,overweight, and now in healthy...

Old 07-30-2011, 08:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Outstanding...

You look mah-vah-lous!
Old 07-31-2011, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Girl! You look amazing! I am new here, so your story was the first one I read, and I want to say that I am impressed. You look fantastic. Keep it up! I hope one day my story will be here as well.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

You look beautiful! If I met you on the street, it wouldn't even occur to me that you had anything to lose. Absolutely lovely you are, I'm proud of you even though I don't know you.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

You look amazing. Congrats.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Pixie. When I look at the before pictures, it's a whole lot looking at before pictures of myself. I dare say even current side by side shots of the two of us would look mighty similar. And I agree you look much younger now. So if you want to start calling the hubby "Sugar D", I say go for it LOL.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

I'm new here and I just read your post and looked at your before & after pics... O.M.G. YOU LOOK GOOD GIRL!!!!
Thanks for the awesome motivation!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

OMG how did u do that ???
please share some tips ...im sure u should have a lottttttt of determination to achieve that !!!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you everyone!! I didn't realize I look younger now lol, but I will take it!! As far as tips, it takes a lot of discipline and determination. Don't get me wrong, I have had days where I just wanna give up but I worked through it. I made sure I ate at least 4-5 times a day, always kept my calories between 1200-1400, watched fat,sodium,sugar, and calories. Drank my watec, about a liter with each meal, and did strength training and cardio everyday. In the begining, all I could do was 1 set of 10 od each of my exercises and do maybe 20 minutes of cardio. I knew what areas of my body needed work so I looked up 3 different exercises to work the same mucle group in diferent ways. For example, my arms, so I did push ups, tricep dips, diamond push ups and close grip push ups. My lower I would do squats, lunges, burpees etc. I started with 1 set of 10 and wen it started getting easy, I raised it to 2 sets of 10. Every 2 -4 weeks I would either increase the sets of increase the reps. When I upped the sets or reps, I upped my cardio. Instead of 20 minutes, it became 30, then 40 and so on. Whe the weather broke and was nie again, I took it outside I started running 3 miles, then 4. Now I run anywhere from 5-7 miles depending on the route I take. If its very hilly, I run 5, if its mainly flat, I run 7. It took me 4 months to get to running like that and I enjoy every minute of it. I never used any weights, I always used my own body weight. I started platueing about 2 weeks ago and saw even with me doing 5 sets of 24 of my usual body weight strength training plus the running, it wasn't coming off as quickly again, so I found a new avenue of stength training, yoga. I do the high intensity yoga and combo it with running and the weight is peeling off again. Good luck to you guys in your journey to healthyness, and I look frward to reading your success stories on here. Again, thank you for the encouragment t keep going and the compliments!!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Diet

You've done a fabulous job. How did you stay motivated?
Was it strictly calorie counting or a particular diet and exercise?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oops

Sorry - I just saw your last post outlining what you've done.