Notices

Tired of my Bingo Arms and belly donut

Old 08-25-2011, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tired of my Bingo Arms and belly donut

Hi, I just found the women's forum, much better for me. Can I just lose the weight already...it's only 12 lbs and I've been "trying" for 3 years. I get all gong-ho and lose 5-7 lbs only to gain it again because "life happens". And why is junk food so addictive anyway, what do they put in that stuff, heroin?? Seriously, I've done this a million times before - I start eating healthy, feel great about myself and then lose the motivation and go back to eating chips, chocolate and McDonald's...I'm hoping that FitDay will help me stay motivated and stay on track!! I'm giving this a shot! Ciao,
Old 08-25-2011, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

I don't have any advice but I feel your pain! I have been trying to loose 20lbs for the past 5 years at least. I can't stay motivated because I don't like to eat 'clean' I eat moderately healthy but insane portions. My weakness is baked goods. Maybe we can help each other get to our goals!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Um, what exactly are "Bingo Arms"?
Old 08-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

valgos, you are welcome to come join us on the motivational thread...it's great for support and motivation. On Mondays we each set goals for ourselves and report in, but it's not necessary; you can just jump into the conversation any time. We're pretty easy . You can always start any day of the week, too...the more the merrier.

At any one point, someone will be motivated and will help along those of us with flagging motivation! It's been lively this week; come take a peek!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker- bingo arms or bingo wings are the flabby parts under top arms. i dont know why they are called bingo arms but from what members of my slimmimg group say its from when waving your arms on a game of bingo the whole thing just flaps and hangs. I too have the same problem with my arms after gaining over 4 stone in my first pregnancy. Wish id have been aware of food and calories back then because its a painful place when toning them up. No pain no gain though.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Bingo arms, got it. Now if you want a nicer name I call those my angel wings. It doesn't make them any prettier, but it has the kids fooled - maybe.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:08 PM
FitDay Member

Angel wings sounds much nicer- i will start saying that and see how it goes down. Its the one part of my body i seriously detest!! They seem so loose though and worry if they will ever go but i suppose ill never know unless i really work it and find out.

Valgos- it can be hard to resist temptation but staying focused and remembering why you are on this journey helps to keep motivated. I find it helps to find alternatives to the junk and make dishes that remind me of the takeaways/restaurants but make them low fat/low calorie. My willpower isnt the greatest if there is something staring me in the face but i know that to complete this journey and reach my goal and to be happy i have to follow through no matter how tough. You can do it- it is ok to give in to our vices every now and again but so long as its not everytime your faced with them it shouldnt sabotage your weight loss efforts to a point of giving in completely.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

"bingo arms and belly donut"

I'm right there with ya!! I'm so tired of seeing myself in short sleeves and thinking "oh yuck!" or trying to find jeans that fit my legs and hips that don't give me muffin top Plus I'm just TIRED from carrying 25% extra body weight around! My biggest problem seems to be lack of exercise — I think at this point it's even exacerbating my hormone imbalance, so now I've got this whole vicious cycle thing going (hormones out of whack, gain weight, body doesn't respond well to hormone therapy, hormones stay out of whack, weight won't come off; lather, rinse, repeat ) I just wish FitDay's tools included goals for body size (maybe they have that in the Premium version?) — sure, weight is one metric to track, but dangit I'm more interested in getting my waist and hips back down to a size where my CUTE jeans fit again!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Tanya, they don't have goals for body size per se, but you can keep track of your measurements in the Body tab above. Hope that helps!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Cassie! I did see that, and I've got several of those measurements filled out. Good night!