View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Default Yes, change is scary.

While I've not had your exact anxiety, I've had other issues. For example I have a group of really good friends, most of them overweight, because we fat girls stick together. Anyway I met one for lunch not too long ago, I hadn't seen her in a while, although we've talked plenty on the phone. And at first it was a little weird because all she could talk about was how much weight I've lost and wanted the knitty gritty on how I'm doing it. So I give her my basic approach and she sort of pooh poohs my efforts, like it's total bunk and she's not going to waste her time. It took us quite a while to get back on comfortable footing. Which didn't really happen until we ignored the weight loss business and were goofy over lunch just like old times.

So I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be cast out of my circle of friends when I'm no longer a fat girl. Does this mean I'm going to have to find a skinny circle? And truthfully why should it matter what size I am as long as I'm a good and loyal friend? So yes, anxiety here too.
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote