Thread: Sweet Cravings
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
kajajo
FitDay Member

Default Sweet Cravings

I have a major sweet tooth and I am sure there others out there with the same weekness. So I decided to start a post where we can post low cal, preferably sugar free and low fat desert recipes. I have a few I have already tested and love, the first is below. Will dig up others later. Please share any you might have, I need some new desert recipes, especially chocolate ones

Ingredients
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 cup granular sucrolose sweetener (such as SplendaŽ)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1 (1.4 ounce) package sugar free, chocolate fudge flavored instant pudding
1 cup skim milk

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease(I uses low cal spray) and flour an 8x8 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl mix applesauce and cocoa together,beat in eggs. Stir in the sucrolose sweetener. Combine the flour and salt in a separate bowl and gradually add to wet mixture. Finally stir in the 1/4 cup of milk and if desired, the walnuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center, comes out clean. To make frosting, Mix together the sugar free chocolate pudding mix and 1 cup skim milk using an electric mixer. Mix for about two minutes or until thick. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into 20 squares.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 60 | Total Fat: 4.2g |

I skip the frosting and the walnuts and they are still just as good. I still count them as 60 calories just to be on the safe side.

Starting over stats
02/14/11 start weight 178.8
09/06/11 weight 151.8
26 lbs lost to date

Goal Weight 140 by 12/25/11

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I can not change
The Courage to change the things I can and
The Wisdom to know the difference
kajajo is offline   Reply With Quote