Thread: No Excuses
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 04:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Whatang
FitDay Member

Smile No Excuses

Hey everyone,

So, I've been hanging around Fitday for about 6 weeks now, and it seems like its time to say hi. I started on July 13th at 241 pounds, and as of this morning I was 222 - just 2 away from my first goal of 220, which I was planning to reach by the end of September - now I'm hoping to be at 210 by then, a weight I haven't been since about 2003. I have a work trip at the start of October where I'll meet some colleagues and friends I haven't seen for a while, and that's given me a great target to aim for - I'd really like to not be 'the fat guy' this time.

So, my motto has been no excuses while I've been losing this weight - I've been letting myself off with bad exercise and diet habits for years, and something just snapped in me around the middle of July. I've started eating much more healthily, and I've done at least half an hour's exercise every single day since I started - my calorie intake is around 2000/day (with a lot of protein), and I'm making sure I burn at least 3000. When it's been difficult, I've said no excuses, and pushed through it: last week the cafeteria at work had a 'build your own sausage sandwich bar', and I managed to walk past it and get a salad. Never mind the exercise, that was really tough!

Fitday has really made a difference too - keeping track of everything I'm eating and doing really appeals to the obsessive compulsive in me. Also, reading the great success stories on these forums has helped me realise that it really is possible to lose this weight. Some of your stories are amazing, thank you for sharing them.

I bought some jeans this last weekend - the first time in about 12 years that the size has gone down rather than up. I was really surprised by how good that felt, and I can't wait to do it again. Onwards and downwards!

Mike
Whatang is offline   Reply With Quote