View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
GennyF
FitDay Member

I found these recipes in my delish.com magazine and I tried them over the weekend. They were delicious! We have the main dish, the side dish and a dessert and they total up to 387 calories for the entire meal!

Filet Mignon with Roquefort (205 calories)
* 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
* 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1 in. thick), trimmed of fat
* 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
* 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground pepper
* 1 ounce(s) Roquefort cheese, crumbled (1/4 cup)

1. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on high until hot. On waxed paper, evenly season steaks, on both sides, with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper.
2. Add steaks to skillet and cook 10 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning over once. Transfer steaks to dinner plates; top with Roquefort.

Tarragon Peas & Pearl Onions (85 calories)
* 1 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter
* 1/2 bag(s) (16-ounce) frozen pearl onions
* 1/2 bag(s) (16-ounce) frozen peas
* 1/8 cup(s) water
* 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
* 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
* 1/2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh tarragon leaves

1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat margarine on medium-high until melted. Add onions and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until browned. Add peas, water, salt, and ground black pepper. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until onions and peas are tender. Stir in tarragon and spoon into serving bowl.

Frozen Hot Chocolate Shots (97 calories)
* 1 1/2 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate
* 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
* 1 teaspoon(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/4 cup(s) nonfat milk
* 1/2 cup(s) nonfat milk
* 1 1/2 cup(s) ice
* Nonfat whipped cream, for garnish
* Chocolate shavings, for garnish

1. Microwave 1 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate on high for 1 minute; remove and whisk until melted.
2. Whisk in 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder until blended. Let cool slightly, then whisk in 1/4 cup nonfat milk.
3. Puree chocolate mixture, 1/2 cup nonfat milk, and 1 1/2 cups ice in a blender until frothy. Divide between four shot glasses and top with nonfat whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
GennyF is offline   Reply With Quote