View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
fat_in_vt
FitDay Member

Default Hi From Fat In Vermont

What follows is my first journal entry. It is a way of letting you all know who I am and where I've been and am going. I hope with a lot of help along the way.

So this is me making a commitment to myself again. I started this journey back in 2001, ten years ago. At that time I had a son in the sixth grade and was topping the scale at 248 pounds. I hadn't dressed in front of a mirror in years. I'm not going to lie and say those pound just dropped off, it took a lot of starting and stopping, but by the time that son was a freshmen in highschool I was at my goal weight of 165 pounds.

I stayed at that weight within a pound or two for four years. It wasn't as hard as you might think really. I was watched what I ate and walked a lot. Then I let the creep begin. A good friend who had cheered me on died. My son graduated and we moved to house that wasn't so easy to walk from. We got a dog, who made my route planning more compliacted. My son went to college where he played football for four yeas and I never missed a game, but that meant lots of traveling. I went back to school which meant lots of late nights. There are a ton of reasons I let myself back slide. So here I am ten years latter, and still 40 pounds lighters, which I still consider a good job, but 40 pounds heavier then I want to be.

I've set a goal for myself to loose about a pound a week, but I know that's not my real goal. I just want to find myself lighter at this time next year, then I am today. And I want to say that each year for the rest of my life. I want to feel good. I want to play with my grandchildren, which that son may soon be giving me, as he got married two weeks ago. So here I am again. At least this time I know it can be done.

Last edited by fat_in_vt; 08-18-2011 at 09:30 PM.
fat_in_vt is offline   Reply With Quote