View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
sw07
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
The other day I was at Wal-Mart on "free sample" day. They were handing out little cups of Yoplait with a tsp of granola dumped on top of it. The kids and I all took a sample, it was so sugary that none of us really cared for it. Anyway the sample lady is a friend of mine and tried to give me extra coupons, cause she knows if it's a really good coupon I'll use it. I told her, "thanks, but I don't usually buy Yoplait no matter the price, because every single one of their products contains high fructose corn syrup". But she was like "this is their NEW healthy line, blah blah blah". So she picks up the container and we read the ingredients, ta-da item 3 "high fructose corn syrup". Healthy my big white butt.
I gave in the other day (I don't eat yogurt anymore) and had a Yoplait light fat free strawberry/orange yogurt and the first thing I checked was the sugar content (14g) and ingredients - yep, high fructose corn syrup was the 3rd ingredient. I started to eat it and noticed it was extremely sugary..duh 14g of sugar in a 6oz serving...yuck...so anyways, I then noticed a headache coming on...I've noticed anytime I eat anything sugary, I get this nagging headache that won't go away.
I guess that's a good thing, its one way to keep me from cheating....except I've now figured out that my morning coffee creamer is also sugary and that's probably why I've been getting these headaches that last all day. I've also found that having a beer or a glass of red at the end of the day will take the headache away....

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2
sw07 is offline   Reply With Quote