View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
lalagoe
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypg40 View Post
That's great jackedup - thanks for that! And I'll defo buy wholegrain bread at the weekend.

White sugar would be another downfall of mine! I only drink one cup of tea in the morning and one cup of coffee in the afternoon, but love 2 spoons of sugar in both. I'd also have a teaspoon of sugar in my porridge in the mornings. I am reluctant to change that to sweetner as I've so much bad press about artificial sweetners - would brown sugar be a good alternative (or is that a silly question sorry!!)
You'll probably get mixed responses regarding sugar. cut back sugar or switch?
Switching to an artificial sweetener will probably help with weight loss, but also take into consideration the unknown effects on the body that artificial sweeteners may have. (Some are labeled as possible carcinogens)
I used to put a lot of sugar in my coffee too. I cut back 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon every couple of weeks until I was down to less than 1/2 teaspoon total in my coffee... it took a while for my taste to adjust, but I enjoy my morning coffee just fine now without all the sweetness.
You could look into the natural sugar substitutes that are out there - like stevia.
lalagoe is offline   Reply With Quote