Notices

I will wear a bikini!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default I will wear a bikini!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never really aspired to wear a bikini - the weather in Ireland isn't normally warm enough to spend many days on the beach in Summertime - so technically, you can survive without owning one piece of swimwear!

But I got to thinking when I joined this site - what would be a goal that I could really achieve. What could I really do, when I lose all this weight?

So the usual ideas popped into mind, running a (short) marathon, becoming a fitness instructor etc etc - most of which put me off the whole idea of excerise....

And as I was thinking this, I was flicking through a magazine and there were some celebs, in their bikinis...and I thought 'Hey, imagine BUYING a bikini and PUTTING IT ON and wearing it!! WOW. How great would that be?? And then I remembered that I'm 43 and have never bought nor owned nor worn one

So that's my aim! To wear a bikini in public by this time next year. And I will do it! Watch this space
Old 08-11-2011, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

You could always plan a trip to somewhere warm to wear it next winter. Hopefully you will have better luck wearing it than I did with the 2 piece I bought a couple years ago. They sell nice larger ones on the beach in the Dominican Republic. I bought one and wore it one afternoon. The next day the rain started and we had 1 1/2 foot of water running down the walkways at the resort for the next 3 days. I think God was trying to tell me something!

I still have the suit but wear it only when we need rain. Good luck on you plan. Mary
Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Mary, good luck on that goal! I like it! I wore my first bikini ever last summer at age 42 and I have to tell you, it was a huge feeling of accomplishment. Do what you gotta do to get there and keep up the confidence...you sound really motivated, so put it to work for you .
Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 PM
FitDay Member

Morning all.

Well, with all my talk, the sun is shining here in Dublin this morning! Although rain IS forecast!
Thanks for the replies - yes I am really motivated about this - I'm down 9lbs in 3 weeks and have honestly just eaten less (and healthier) and moved more. This morning, on my way to work, I went into a shop that I normally pass by without even looking in the window because the only thing that has ever fitted me in that shop is the jewellery!!

So this morning, I began to actually look at the dresses (I haven't worn a dress or skirt in about 15years!) and began to imagine myself wearing them
Hope you are all motivated to continue this journey this morning - now please say a little prayer that we get a few days of sunshine in Dublin
Old 08-15-2011, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default awesome

there is just something about a pretty dress that just brightens your day. I am considering some dresses this fall/winter now too since my waist is becoming more defined.
Here's to lots of shopping in your near future!

thank you for posting, btw. I live in Alabama (southern USA), but my husband has a dear friend in Dublin. It was nice reading from you what the weather is like across the pond
Old 08-15-2011, 07:00 PM
FitDay Member

Mary we need to get more sunshine so that when you buy that new dress you can take O'Connell ST by storm. I have very bad scars on my tummy so I can't ever see me wearing a bikini but I'd like to look like the special k girl in the onepiece. Then it's off to somewhere warm and sunny, and maybe I'll even get up from my lounger and walk tall to the pool instead of scurrying half bent over with my arms hugging my waist hoping no one is looking my way. Have a great day.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

That special K girl is airbrushed Lizzie!!!

I am blessed that even though I've had a child and added the weight, I've no stretchmarks. I have noticed my upper chest is getting old though!! (My decolatage, is that what it's called??) - if I sit a certain way and the sunlight catched it, I can see lines Oh well, the bikini is still on my agenda, who'll be looking at my decolatage when I'm wearing that

More miserable weather in Dublin today - torrential rain last night for hours - read today that it's our worst summer in 52 years - although I'm sure I remember some colder ones

What part of Dublin is your husbands friend in ripemango??

Hi natalie, no pills (I would have no faith in those!) just very healthy eating, no alcohol and walking everywhere - I'm doing all the simple things that I've been reading about for years - getting off the bus 2 stops earlier, walking up the stairs instead of using the lift etc...a few people have said 'Are you losing weight, you can see it in your face??' - which is nice, but I'd prefer they said they can see it off my hips!!

Have a lovely day everyone!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

I would love to join you in wearing a bikini next summer, but I don't think the stretch marks will allow it. Maybe I can find one that is more fabric than strings with enough to cover me from the belly button down. As far as weight loss goals are concerned, wearing a bikini in public is a real gem.

I did wear a bikini back in the day, the summers I was 16-18 I wore a tiny hot pink number that was mostly strings. I never thought anything of it, just threw it on and went to the beach. Of course at the time I went every where on my bike and played sports for 2 hours every day after school. Maybe I need to toss out my mini-van and join a ladies volleyball club?
Old 08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

almeeker, those "retro" bikinis with the high waist are becoming very popular. You could definitely rock one of those!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
almeeker, those "retro" bikinis with the high waist are becoming very popular. You could definitely rock one of those!
Yes, I think "retro" is exactly my style. LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.