Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Newbie Here!!! Please share your stories with me. >

Newbie Here!!! Please share your stories with me.

Community
Notices

Newbie Here!!! Please share your stories with me.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Newbie Here!!! Please share your stories with me.

Hello, I am new to fitday. I am trying to begin a healthier lifestyle and it is HARD to say the least! I am glad I found this site, as I need all of the motivation I can get, lol. I currently weight 254 (before I started my diet two weeks ago I weighed 260) I wish to lose 100 lbs for a goal weight of 154.
Are there any of you who were my size and lost 80lbs or more? I would like to hear your stories. I would alos be interested in hearing stories from anyone who has lost any weight.

I look forward to meeting all of you.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hello and welcome to fitday. I started my weight loss journey in July 2009. My dad had just suffered a minor heart attack and even though id always been unhappy in my weight this was the kick i needed to think about my health too. I have 2 children aged 8 and 6 and after going through a relationship that took away all my confidence and as a result comfort ate i ballooned to nearly 17stone and didnt recognise myself anymore.
I then met the love of my life and after seeing me getting upset night after night he stood by me and although he loved me no matter what my size he wanted to see me happy.
So i joined weightwatchers and i lost 3 stone in 5 months but then left the class and for 2 years i stayed the same. Only recently i have joined a new group which focuses more on calories/fat content (rosemary conleys) and im now over 4 and a half stone lighter from when i first began the journey.
This was not a diet, it was a lifestyle change and i now think about food differently and dont eat the way i used to. I have 3 good meals a day and 2 power snacks. I walk everywhere and exercise as much as i can but i admit i should do more but im getting better.
I used to go most of the day without food and snack on biscuits, crisps etc and then have a huge high fat meal. Id constantly eat all the wrong foods.
My taste for food has also changed and with the support of my boyfriend and kids i have all the things i need to keep going until im at goal. My fridge is constantly packed with fresh fruit, veg and salad along with my other staples. I find it cheaper going to th local market as i save a fortune and get so much for my money. It can be tough when our moneys tight but we manage. It also benefits my kids cos they eat so much better than they used to and are no longer afraid of their veggies.
Ive had a good few downs along the way and have needed to pick myself up after yo-yoing with some unwanted pounds. It was hard for me to realise i cant be the 'perfect dieter' and not to punish myself.
In the beginning it was so overwhelming when i thought of how much i needed to lose but its better to take it pound by pound and in the end we will all get there. Once that focus and determination to succeed is there you can do it too. Along the way we are all her to support through the good and if any the bad. Nice to have you here and i look forward to reading your posts.
Apologies for chattering on- i tend to do that alot!!
Tracey x
Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry i got carried away and forgot to say WELL DONE for losing 6lbs so far!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay. My story is too long to type b/c im on my phone but here it is. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...y-you-fat.html
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tonyas1978
Hello, I am new to fitday. I am trying to begin a healthier lifestyle and it is HARD to say the least! I am glad I found this site, as I need all of the motivation I can get, lol. I currently weight 254 (before I started my diet two weeks ago I weighed 260) I wish to lose 100 lbs for a goal weight of 154.
Are there any of you who were my size and lost 80lbs or more? I would like to hear your stories. I would alos be interested in hearing stories from anyone who has lost any weight.

I look forward to meeting all of you.
I started out at 310 and still making my way down to my goal weight. Lost about 30 lbs so far eating fruits and vegetables mostly and not feeling hungry.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hello and thanks for your reply, it is very uplifting. I am sorry to hear about your father. You seem to be a very strong-willed person.

I just started my diet two weeks ago, the first week I lost 3.2 lbs this week I gained 1 pound and I don't know why. I have been eating right, and exercising A LOT. I attend a mixture areboics classes at the gym. Do you know why this is (the weight gain)?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

WOW!!! You look GREAT! and it only took you six months? What was your methods? I have been eating right and doing a alot of exercising in the gym. I started my diet three weeks ago, I lost 3 pounds the first and second week but THIS week i gain one pound, I am frustrated to say the least. Did you experience this too?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for responding. What veggies are you eating, how often and are you eating them raw and or cooked?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

I started out at 244.6 and now weigh a whole lot less. I haven't hit the 100lb. mark yet, but I hope to eventually. In the beginning I lost easily just by watching my calories and increasing my level of exercise, which is not to say that it was straight down the dial. My weight graph looked more like a jagged mountain range with a downward trend. Now I'm at the point where I probably should cut my calories back a little more and up my workout to continue that downward trend, but I haven't been able to commit to it. Maybe once the kids go back to school and there isn't a party every weekend, OY!

You can do it, 6 lbs is a great start. I wouldn't worry about a 1 pound gain, it happens. Your body has worked hard to save up all that fat, it's going to fight you at every turn before it gives it up. You just have to be stubborn, really stubborn. Also you have to be prepared for the occasional lapse in willpower. I think the key to success is to find a way to pick yourself back up after a fall off the diet wagon, no matter how often you fall off.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tony

Hi there, my name is Kate. I gained so much with my bby, I lost 40 and am down to 182, however I want to get back to my preprg and preaccident size. I was in an accident in 09 and gained from not being able to work out as much. Years ago I was in the 200 range and I did turbo jam to loose the weight. I got down to 145. I am looking for another drop (I hope), and looking for support. So, I plan to be on the forums to stay motivated as I am getting so discouraged that the weight loss is slow. So in the past turbo jam worked but I find it hard with the litle one to devote 45 or more minutes at a time to work out, now I am breaking up my work outs in mini 10 min sessions or 20 when she is sleeping or in a good mood to be entertained by her jumper.
So far I am getting more toned, my husband said my belly and legs are looking better (still bigger than before but better than they were).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.