Notices

Pets :)

Old 07-26-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pets :)

I know there was a pets thread in the past but thought I would start another since there are so many newcomers.

I am an absolute lover of boxers. They are the only dog that I have ever owned and from what I can tell they are the only breed for me. I love their goofy personalities and constant energy. They remain puppies until they are old & gray!

In April of 2007 we adopted two boxers from a not-so-good situation. We really only wanted one but once we met them we knew we could never separate them.

Let me introduce first, Bones. He is the 'one'. He stole my heart with his big brown eyes. This boy holds the dearest place in my heart and I'm tearing up just writing this even today. When adopted on 04.01.07 he was 7-9 yrs old and sadly we lost him to a two week battle with seizures every two hrs on 11.04.10. We suspect a brain tumor as he had other cancer removed in his life a few times. Lets just say that he secured the fate of my future boxers. I will always have one thanks to him.

Along with him we got a tiny little girl named Macie. She was about four years old at the time and now she is over eight. She took a long time to adjust. Someone had not treated her well in her former life. She has since wormed her way into our hearts and now loves on anyone that will let her. Even company, LOL.

The two of them were inseparable. He was her complete heart & soul and when we lost him, she became pretty quiet and a little withdrawn.

So we started looking for another. Hubby was a bit resistant to begin with. He didn't really want any more. But in January I was approached by a girl who had a 15 month girl that she didn't fit her lifestyle. She was kept crated for all but about 3 hrs a day and was not potty trained at all. She had no in the house style manners either. Her name is Chloe. I tell you what....after you work so hard to help them make their life better, it pays off so much in the end. This little girl is more than we ever expected. In the 5-6 months we have had her she is 99.9% potty trained and has learned about 4-5 tricks. She stays in the yard without a fence or leash. And she is just the funniest girl ever. I can't see how anyone could not have treated her well. She is still a little shy of men. But she doesn't bark every time they talk now.

Here she is....my new pride & joy (beside my teen boys of course)

And we can just say that she filled a spot in Macie's heart that was hurting

too...

Wow! Sorry this is so long. You all probably think I am a crazy dog lady now!!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Awww, what a sweet story.

I love dogs, but kitties have always been my soft spot. We've had 3 reach 18, 19 and 20. Then we hit restart button and got 2 kittens about 5 years ago. Humphrey was one of them. On May 4th he was hit by a car. He survived, but it was touch and go with 10 days in the critical care vet hospital. There's a photo gallery in photobucket:

Humphrey pictures by HarrietQ - Photobucket

I am pleased to say the he will definitely keep the leg and he is back to his old vivacious, mischeivious self.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

What a cute kitty! Glad to hear that his leg was saved!!

I should have mentioned that I also have a 55 gallon saltwater reef aquarium and two ball pythons at home as well.

What kind of pets does everyone else have?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

I have two cats (down from an all-time high of nine - don't ask), a 9-year-old Persian named Maisy and a 4-year-old Ragdoll named Charlie, both girls. They are the absolute center of my world.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Photo-0037_crop.jpg (11.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-04-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Very pretty cats! I love the ragdoll.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

My running partner-

She's an Italian Greyhound named Twiggy
Old 08-06-2011, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

I am a boxer lover as well. Our family just recently lost both of our dogs in the spring, within a month of each other. Our boxer, Witts, had a slow decline suffering from degenerative myelopathy and lost proper function of his hind legs and his bowels. Our shepherd, Shade (my baby), lost a quick battle to lymphoma. They lived together with us for about 10 years. They stole our hearts (and our food) and I still cry sometimes because I miss them so much.
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1312634763 - picture of my boys.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Along with him we got a tiny little girl named Macie. She was about four years old at the time and now she is over eight. She took a long time to adjust. Someone had not treated her well in her former life. She has since wormed her way into our hearts and now loves on anyone that will let her. Even company, LOL.

The two of them were inseparable. He was her complete heart & soul and when we lost him, she became pretty quiet and a little withdrawn.
I love boxers. My girl is a boxer, although with her long nose she doesn't look it. Bones sounded like a great boy but look at Macie's face. That's an awesome picture.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sw07
My running partner-

She's an Italian Greyhound named Twiggy
she looks like solid, lean muscle. Kinda like my Mytsie, but she's only 9 pounds.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

I am having some posting issues and can't post pics but but I do rescue and just got a call about a boxer mix. He is 95 pounds!!! I can't wait to see him! I have 4 other dogs here, 5 cats, a bird and random yard animals including a squirrel who really, really wants to live in my house!

I love all the pics of your babies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.