View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 03:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Default The mens locker room at the gym...[rant]

Maybe it's just me but it makes me feel uncomfortable when guys parade around naked in the locker room. I understand that that's where some of them get changed, but really? Can you be a little more discrete?

It's usually the older guys, probably in their 60's. I get it, they are at that stage of their life where they don't care it another guy sees their junk. But I don't want to see it and I don't think I'll ever reach a point in my life, even if i live to see a 100 that I'd want to see another guys junk in the locker room.

Well today I decided to get in the hot tub b/c I've been having some back issues. there's this guy getting out of the indoor pool (by the hot tub) heading to go out of that area. He's about my age, maybe late 30's. He sees me turn on the jets and get in the hot tub and he makes a u-turn to get in the hot tub. As he's getting in, he smiles at me. I've never seen this guy in my life, but guys will usually give you a head nod... not a smile. So I'm thinking WTF?!?!?! After about 5 minutes I get up, get out and grab my towel, shirt and phone and head into the locker room. Guess who's right the f$&% behind me? Yep, you guessed it. As soon as I got out, so did he. My luck has it the my locker is right by his. Out the corner of my eye I see him drop his shorts. I turn my back to him, grab my stuff and walk off to the shower.

Not only do I not want to see another guys sausage, I have no desire for guy to see mine. Maybe it's b/c I didn't play high school football and didn't have those locker room bonding moments, I don't know. Besides today, I have only gotten changed once at the gym in the past year and a 1/2. Today was like the last time, I grab a private shower, wash off and get changed in there.

Am I overreacting or do y'all also find it uncomfortable to be around naked guys in the locker room?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-06-2011 at 03:23 AM.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote