View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
marypg40
FitDay Member

Default Newbie in Dublin, Ireland

Morning all! I'm Mary and I'm from Dublin, Ireland. I'm 43 and it kills me to write this down, but I'm 232lbs. I am a single parent to a wonderful 9yr old boy. Over the years, I have blamed him on all aspects of my eating and sedentary lifestyle - can't join a gym because I would have to get a babysitter, can't eat healthy because he doesn't like salads etc!! As a single mum who works full time, it's been difficult to get time for me and difficult to even like myself, let alone learn to love myself.

Over the past couple of years, I've done a tremendous amount of work on myself - some therapy, alot of self-help books (I am a huge fan of Louise Hay ) and of course, prayer!! To cut a very long story short, I have finally had my 'epiphany'!!. I literally woke up about 2wks ago and realised that, hey, I am a wonderful person with alot to offer this world, and I will get my life sorted by becoming more healthy and happy!

So I haven't joined any clubs - haven't joined a gym etc - I have just cut out the odd glass of wine most evenings (another silly excuse I gave myself was that after my stressful day, I 'deserved' wine!), and am eating so healthy. I am drinking more water than I've ever drank and walking everywhere - doing all the things that the best fitness regimes advise - getting off the bus one stop earlier, walking up the stairs instead of the lift etc etc. As of today, I have lost 8lb and am over the moon. My mood has improved and I have gotten my first 'have you lost weight mary' comment in 9years!!

So here's to me and my weight loss - I am loving this website and only found it this week and really hope to share my stories with others.

marypg40 is offline   Reply With Quote