Runaway: A couple of times I've noticed you mentioned "planet Earth" which reminds me of the Abraham-Hicks Law of Attraction series (excellent IMHO). Are you familiar with it?
As to gratitude, a few years ago someone recommended the book "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach. If anyone hasn't heard of it, I highly recommend it. As a part of the "program" she recommends keeping a daily gratitude journal as the single most important transformational tool. I found that to be true so I consider this my mental workout
1. Sundays (no schedule to keep except formal worship if that's my choice)
2. Extra time found to devote to the whimsicle.
3. The way seeds sprout under proper care.
4. Remembering things I admire about my husband of 33 years.
5. My 16-year-old daughter's smile.